Galloway vs. Lakeline steel guide rod. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Galloway vs. Lakeline steel guide rod.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32285 times
    Just FYI, Galloway and Lakeline, are both sponsoring vendors here.
    taurustoter likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    I'm also thinking of getting a Lakeline RSA, but in my case it's to remove that black button from the front end of my stainless steel slide!
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Do you mind if I asked you what an “RSA” is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Recoil Spring Assembly. The spring and pin assembly under the barrel. Sometimes Captive in included in the name since the spring is held captive by the pin.

There were some failures with PT111 with the spring working over the front end of the factory plastic pin. I bought a spare Taurus RSA for my PT111MP $7 or 8 dollars, but after 5,000+ rounds never needed it. Assuming it will fit the recall replacement if it ever shows up. Some people just like the extra weight of the steel rod vs the plastic or extra durability.
    greasedog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

Galloway vs. Lakeline steel guide rod.

Ok, that helps. I just wasn’t accustomed to the acronym. Coincidentally, I just installed a stainless steel recoil guide rod assembly & stainless striker guide from Lakeline on my G2C yesterday afternoon. Won’t get a chance to try out the new guide rod for a couple of weeks. But, I can really tell the difference in the linear feel of the new striker guide. It’s smooth to the break and no longer “scratchy”.

Last edited by greasedog; 06-11-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Funny thing is that i bought the hype from Lakeline and purchased the SS guide rod "kit" for lack of a better description.
    After about 150 rounds and very little time the front spring began to go out and over the front post.
    I e-mailed Lakiline and they suggested it was worn out and needed to be replaced, no mention of warranty or ...

I put the stock guide rod back and never looked back, many hundreds of rounds later and zero issues !
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Update:
    The Fine folks from Lakeline got in touch within minutes of my posting the above post.
    To His credit I will say that my message to him about the issue wasnt as clear as it could have been and he is taking care of my issue.
    Looking forward to a possitive follow up in the future.
    DeltaBravoKS and greasedog like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2007 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesbondsman View Post
    Funny thing is that i bought the hype from Lakeline and purchased the SS guide rod "kit" for lack of a better description.
    After about 150 rounds and very little time the front spring began to go out and over the front post.
    I e-mailed Lakiline and they suggested it was worn out and needed to be replaced, no mention of warranty or ...

I put the stock guide rod back and never looked back, many hundreds of rounds later and zero issues !
    I saw they actually have a spring assembly for the PT24/7G2C .45 and it would be interesting to see how it performs, as well as getting rid of that "black dot". However, maybe I should just paint my "black dot" with sliver paint and leave it at that. I don't have a problem with the performance now, and there's no reason to take a step backward with something that won't last.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesbondsman View Post
    Update:
    The Fine folks from Lakeline got in touch within minutes of my posting the above post.
    To His credit I will say that my message to him about the issue wasnt as clear as it could have been and he is taking care of my issue.
    Looking forward to a possitive follow up in the future.
    I hope it’s more of a design issue as opposed to the spring being “worn out”. A suitable spring doesn’t wear out after 150 rounds and a replacement won’t change the design. I won’t get to start my round count for a couple of weeks. Selfishly, I’m hoping your issue was just an aberration.

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    859 times
    Quote Originally Posted by greasedog View Post
    I hope it’s more of a design issue as opposed to the spring being “worn out”. A suitable spring doesn’t wear out after 150 rounds and a replacement won’t change the design. I won’t get to start my round count for a couple of weeks. Selfishly, I’m hoping your issue was just an aberration.

bluebondsman's purchase was in September of 2016. He did not mention in his original email that he hadn't used the RSA much, just asked "The spring is starting to come around the front stop. See attached photo. Should I replace it ?"

Not knowing anything more, I said: "
    I would. In the pistol,the spring never rests on the screw. But, as the springs get older, one of the signs of needing replaced is when they start to deform." He never mentioned the spring hadn't had much use or anything else and I didn't hear anything more from him until today. And, we are getting him all taken care of. We primarily just had a failure to communicate that is easily rectified. Thanks.

Also, since 2016 all the suppliers of RSAs for the G2s have made product improvements, Taurus, Lakeline and Galloway.
    Last edited by Alfonse; 06-13-2019 at 11:43 AM.

https://lakelinellc.com/

Parts and Accessories for Pistols

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links