• 5 Post By RedHorse
  • 4 Post By RedHorse
  • 1 Post By RedHorse

Thread: G2S ordered

Member #
    Liked
    856 times

G2S ordered

I just ordered a G2S from PSA for $179.99 shipped. I know with the FFL people I have they'll only nail me for $5.00 so I'll get it in hand for $184.99, making it the cheapest new pistol I ever bought and for that matter any pistol I ever picked up.
    Thought about the G2C (and some other brands like Glock) but really don't need the higher round count on slightly larger size (or double or more the cost).
    I've seen the +1 mag extensions and may pick 1 or 2 up later. That would make it the same as my 8 rounders in my 1911.
    Just about everything I've read about these has been positive so now that the gun is ordered it's a little late to ask but any dissenting votes out there on these? Please note I have a 1911 and a Glock 17 plus multiple revolvers so as stated earlier the number of rounds it holds in not any interest to me as a possible issue.
    Name:  Taurus-G2S.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  70.9 KB
    Last edited by RedHorse; 05-25-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Model 80 .38 Spl. 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33266 times
    Sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal!
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    I just ordered a G2S from PSA for $179.99 shipped. I know with the FFL people I have they'll only nail me for $5.00 so I'll get it in hand for $184.99, making it the cheapest new pistol I ever bought and for that matter any pistol I ever picked up.
    Thought about the G2C (and some other brands like Glock) but really don't need the higher round count on slightly larger size (or double or more the cost).
    I've seen the +1 mag extensions and may pick 1 or 2 up later.
    Just about everything I've read about these has been positive so now that the gun is ordered it's a little late to ask but any dissenting votes out there on these? Please note I have a 1911 and a Glock 17 plus multiple revolvers so as stated earlier the number of rounds it holds in not any interest to me as a possible issue.
    Name:  Taurus-G2S.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  70.9 KB
    Not sure where you are located but our FFL cost is much more then $5. Good buy thou,
    NRA Life Member
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club member 72-75
    Don't take life too seriously, No one makes it out alive anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    My son shoots on the FFL holders team so all they charge me is the $5.00 for the call in other wise locally it runs anywhere from $20.00 on up to $45.00. I figure its maybe a little bit of pay back for all the time, money, and energy I spent teaching him to shoot.
    Name:  60357381_2170821109678576_1780498702809432064_n.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  195.0 KB
    Name:  60301790_10215059317341759_1423336966300106752_n.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  141.2 KB
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Member #
    Liked
    3254 times
    Looking forward to the range report on that puppy! Oh, and pictures please.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    OK I got my hands on the new gun yesterday.
    1st impression is the gun is better than I expected for under $200.00. Fit, finish, and overall whatever is way better than I thought the gun would be.
    2nd the trigger is a bit strange to me. I've been using DA revolvers, 1911s, and Glocks,
    this trigger is akin to non of the above, some strange combination of all or non of them, kind of seems to depend on what mood or mode the guns in. Spent some time dry firing it to get a better feel for it and still kind or unsure of where the break is on it. It is different when cycled (slide back and forth) and when using the 2nd strike feature (DA mode).
    Loading the mags is a pain after about 5 rounds, really stiff springs in those little puppies but they will load all the way to the 7 rounds with a fight.
    Controls are very much right hand orientated, I can shoot the gun left handed but can't see me using it for a carry gun with no ambi safety and that trigger. Shoving this thing or drawing it from an appendix carry holster I could loose things I'm not ready to part with even at 66.
    Now I know one of the burning questions is why the G2S not the higher cap G2C, simple it's a carry gun and some places don't want to see a magazine capacity over 10 rounds. Chances are slim to none I'll ever go to these places but others in my circle might. Would you want a Colt 380 Pony Pocketlite being held by the police or a G2S while they figure out if you're legal?
    Let me add one note about carry and capacity: I'm not it a movie or on TV my best guess is if I don't clear up a problem in about 2 shots I never will. If you're shooting chances are they're armed so shooting back. Now do you really think this is going to go on till peoples guns go dry?
    I can shoot in my yard so we'll see what I can do with the gun, note that doesn't mean what the gun can do on targets. If it can't shoot better than me you don't want it.
    Last edited by RedHorse; 06-11-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Now I know one of the burning questions is why the G2S not the higher cap G2C, simple it's a carry gun and some places don't want to see a magazine capacity over 10 rounds. Chances are slim to none I'll ever go to these places but others in my circle might.
    I look at it this way. The G2s and the G2c have similar manuals of arms so if you want to move to a higher capacity gun (for home defense, for example) picking up a G2c would be a no brainer.
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    my primary home defense guns are a 20 ga. shotgun with a backup .357 S&W 66. what I run into the most are snakes (after a few dogs bitten and 5 grand spent I really hate snakes).
    In the 70s I carried a S&W Model 13 I never felt out gunned with it being a 6 shot revolver, still don't with the 66. Note I have very good Glocks and 1911s for shooting matches but still prefer a good DA revolver for my personal defense.
    The only reason I'm even looking at a semi auto is it's easier to hide than a revolver wearing shorts and a t-shirt in Florida than how I dressed in the 70s in Denver, CO.
    Name:  70s-men-fashion-141__700.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  205.5 KB

Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    OK I've played with it some and my view is:
    on the positive side it works and has cycled every time with the limited array of ammo I have on hand to try it with.
    the only draw back I have is with the trigger. over the years I've become spoiled with some good triggers and while this one is fine for a small carry gun it sure isn't what I'm use to. don't know it may get better over time with use but that remains to be seen.
    I'm not a big into small guns guy. been a long time between anything smaller than a Glock 19 and one thing I thought about with this gun is some of the old designs with the recoil spring around the barrel made for a gun with a smaller slide / upper, of course most of those were in 22s or 25s and don't know if something like that would be possible in a 9. just seems odd that so much of the pistols height is above the trigger.
    overall all things taken in to consideration for the money seems like a great deal.
    Name:  4481709_04_iver_johnson_tp_22_pocket_pist_640.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  42.0 KB
    Name:  Taurus_G2S_1-G2S931_R.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  240.2 KB

Member #
    Liked
    1103 times
    Let me add one note about carry and capacity: I'm not it a movie or on TV my best guess is if I don't clear up a problem in about 2 shots I never will. If you're shooting chances are they're armed so shooting back. Now do you really think this is going to go on till peoples guns go dry?
    I can shoot in my yard so we'll see what I can do with the gun, note that doesn't mean what the gun can do on targets. If it can't shoot better than me you don't want it.
    Go to YouTube and watch "Why one cop carries 145 rounds".
    This may change your mind about "clearing a problem in 2 shots".
    The cop was facing a DETERMINED aggressor, and had shot him 14 times with a 45.
    Six of the shots were fatal, but not immediately so, and the guy kept coming.
    Only a head shot stopped him.

I carry a G2C (12+1), and at night I carry an extra magazine (25 rounds total).
    If I'm going to a sketchy part of town, I'll also carry a Ruger LCP-II (6+1 of .380).
    Last edited by 777Driver; 06-13-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Sponsored Links