My new G2C update!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: My new G2C update!

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

My new G2C update!

Wrapped up my 3rd range trip with the G2C Stainless I purchased a couple of months ago. I put another 100rds of 124gr Walmart junk though it. With every trip from the range, Iím filled with guilt as if I stole something. Then, I smile.

This purchase is one of the best Iíve made in the last 30yrs. So far, nearly 400rds of various weights and brands of factory loads and not a single failure of any kind. I actually tried to limp wrist it a couple of times just to see if I could coax a failure to return to battery out of it and it wouldnít bite. Iíve gotten pretty use to the trigger and Iím no longer considering replacing it. Iíll still probably switch out the sights for a set of night sights.

I donít know if I got the cherry of the bunch or not, but this gun is so much more than itís price. If you havenít bought one or two yet, you better hurry up before Taurus gets wind of this post and jacks up the price. They could get away with it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Right on. Just put the first rounds through mine today. Bought a 200rnd box of federal aluminum fmj, a box of pmc fmj and a box of hollow point carry ammo. Shot the crappy federal first, just to see if I could invoke a failure, nope all 200 ran without issue. Same with the pmc and half a box of the carry hollow points. This pistol is a solid shooter. Like you said, definitely worth more than what I paid for it.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I ran a mag of Hornady XTPs through mine this afternoon to verify it would cycle ok. No problem! Such a sweet little pistol, feel like I stole mine as well.
    greasedog likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

cim
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Glad to hear... only one box of Blazer Brass through mine so far... anxious to gt back to the range. Very happy with this pistol! Feels as if it were made for my hand.

Member #
    Liked
    1100 times
    I had a little bit of a problem with my new G2C.
    (see: "Failure to return to battery II" and "I think I fixed my G2C")

Now it's working great!
    I also have two older G2's. The G2C is exactly the same, but without the Taurus Safety Lock.
    If these guns only had a decocker they'd be perfect!

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

My new G2C update!

Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post

Now it's working great!
    I also have two older G2's. The G2C is exactly the same, but without the Taurus Safety Lock.
    Then, they wouldnít be what they are. The G2C is designed as a concealed carry, striker fired, manual safety 9mm. Itís ďperfectĒ in that it does what it was designed to and so far, does it well. I would never buy one thing then blame that thing for not being something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greasedog; 05-13-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    Silverbullit likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6426 times
    They are what they are and very good at what they do. The price is just an extra perk.
    greasedog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Basically spot on. The only test mine failed against my glock was with the Winchester usa forged ammo. That stuff covered in that lubricating powder. The Taurus didn't like that stuff one bit after about 60 rnds of it. My g26 ate it all and came back for more. However the Taurus shoots much better for me than either glock. It feels way better than either my 19 or 26 as well. The Taurus is just as reliable with brass too. All in all I like shooting my g2c significantly more than either glock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    greasedog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

My new G2C update!

Quote Originally Posted by steelhauler34 View Post
    Basically spot on. The only test mine failed against my glock was with the Winchester usa forged ammo. That stuff covered in that lubricating powder. The Taurus didn't like that stuff one bit after about 60 rnds of it. My g26 ate it all and came back for more. However the Taurus shoots much better for me than either glock. It feels way better than either my 19 or 26 as well. The Taurus is just as reliable with brass too. All in all I like shooting my g2c significantly more than either glock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Understood. Iím careful not to compare my G2C to my Glock as far as the variety of ammo each would eat. The Glocks gets their reputation for reliability due to having an unsupported chamber. Meaning itís intentionally wider at the breech with the farthest edge of the case rim not encircled by the chamber. If you field strip the Glock, remove the barrel and insert a round into the chamber youíll detect a slight wiggle looseness. Do the same with the G2C and youíll feel that itís a snug fit. The looseness of The Glock allows for more reliable feeds but makes reloading iffy due to malformation of the base of the casing known as the ďGlock smileĒ. The G2C is a supported chamber. The case is fully supported (chamber full encircles the entirety of the case). This lends itself to the higher possibility of feeding issues with some types of ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greasedog; 05-18-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3249 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post

Now it's working great!
    Decocker, on a striker-fired gun?
    RedHorse likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links