Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Picked up my G2C this afternoon

5K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  9mmrevolver 
#1 ·
After visiting a LGS and holding and pulling the trigger on a bunch of pistols I liked the feel of the Taurus over much more expensive guns. I came home and started watching youtube vids and reading reviews I decided to jump in.

Ran 50 rds of Blazer brass 124gr ammo through it right out of the box, it went bang with every pull of the bang switch, and was grouping very well.

Pic is of 24 rnds at ~15 feet. Very pleased with my purchase at this point!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Congrats on the new pistol...I like mine a lot!

#5 ·
The same gun that I picked up! Nice grouping there!. I wish I did as well--but these tired old eyes and getting used to a different trigger than I was used to shooting pulled me down. I only wish I could get out to the range more often.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

Reactions: Silverbullit
#16 ·
It shot so nice I bought it twice! I own the PT111 G2 and love it. So once I learned the only noticeable difference with the G2C was the removal of the keyed locking system I ordered one immediately. I haven't noticed a length difference in or out of holster. There's a great app called gun.deals and I found it there for $179.00

#22 ·
I can understand the trigger complaint, there is a catch in the sa pull. I believe it is the trigger saftey not completly dissenguaging, and the trigger is a bit uncomfortable. I dont notice the trigger being uncomfortable while shooting but did notice it during dry fire practice. I think at some point I will try a Keep Tinkering SAO trigger.

#24 ·
Thanks, I just made it a bit better. Took it apart and filed down the trigger saftey to smooth out the catch in the SA pull, its not perfect yet but much better. I also want to add an over travel stop, so I need to break it down again for some more mods.

#26 ·
Ran a mag of Hornady 115gr XTPs tonight and hit 7/10 on my 5" plate dueling tree at 12yrds, trigger feels a bunch better but it still has a hint of the catch yet. Didnt think it would be an issue but I think one miss could have been me twtiching on the catch.

#27 ·
With my G2 I had that hitch or catch when I first got it due to trigger finger placement. Seems as if when I used my first joint I could feel it. When I switched to the pad above the joint I never noticed it again.

Reactions: loudviking
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.