Thread: Preferred ammo for PT111 G2C

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Awsome thank yall!!

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Forged and the Hornady with the FTX tip inserts are the only 2 I had issues with. Forged failure to eject and the Hornady tip inserts failure to feed up the ramp all the way even after being polished.
    Beretta M9A1
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    Remington 870 Express
    Ruger SR22
    Smith & Wesson 1911SC Two Tone
    Smith & Wesson 4006 TSW CHP
    Smith & Wesson 4566 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 5903 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 6904
    Smith & Wesson 6906 CPD
    Smith & Wesson 469 (avatar)
    Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Pretty much any ammo with gun powder in it.
    NRA Life Member
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club member 72-75
    Don't take life too seriously, No one makes it out alive anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Love my G2C (and quite liked the PT111 G2 I owned before it that I traded away for a shotgun {they feel great in the hand and eat anything}), but they can't shoot as accurate as a G27 at 25 years (can't really hit much at all with the G2c'PT111 beyond 7 yards).
    Has anyone gotten a particular brand & weight to shoot accurately at distance with them? (I know every gun's different & hitting your target at 7 yards every time is everything you really need from a pocket pistol, but I feel like it could do better & they're more alike than different in the end).

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toastripe View Post
    Love my G2C (and quite liked the PT111 G2 I owned before it that I traded away for a shotgun {they feel great in the hand and eat anything}), but they can't shoot as accurate as a G27 at 25 years (can't really hit much at all with the G2c'PT111 beyond 7 yards).
    Has anyone gotten a particular brand & weight to shoot accurately at distance with them? (I know every gun's different & hitting your target at 7 yards every time is everything you really need from a pocket pistol, but I feel like it could do better & they're more alike than different in the end).
    I shot a parts cannon at it and it's pretty much hitting 2 inch circles at 15 feet. For a pocket/ back up gun it's doing way better than my SD9 VE with Full Apex treatment and Trij HD XRs.
    Beretta M9A1
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    Remington 870 Express
    Ruger SR22
    Smith & Wesson 1911SC Two Tone
    Smith & Wesson 4006 TSW CHP
    Smith & Wesson 4566 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 5903 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 6904
    Smith & Wesson 6906 CPD
    Smith & Wesson 469 (avatar)
    Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I use Federal 150 grain HST for micro pistols in my PT111-G2. The expansion is excellent and uniform and the low velocity (below 900fps) noticeably reduces recoil. Penetration in gel tests is well within federal bureau standards.
    Last edited by oldschool56; 05-09-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3382 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COdyray View Post
    So I made the decision to be the g2c I know it's hard to say you will run in problems. I just want know what everyone with the g2c TOP pick for ammo. I just want to try and avoid as many snags as I can cause I don't have a LOT of money is the biggest thing. Thank you in advance!
    Over the course of the thousands of rounds I've put through my three G2 pistols, I've run through a lot of different kinds of ammo just as compatibility tests...except for steel cased stuff. My range doesn't permit it, and steel-cased ammo in my area has never been cheaper than decent brass or aluminum-cased ammo.

The only ammo I've pinpointed as problematic has been Winchester Western white box. For some reason I consistently get 1 hard primer out of every 50-round box of WW white box.

Nothing else has ever given me a problem, brass or aluminum.

My general training ammo is something like an 80/20 mix of Federal brass and Winchester (T)rain. I carry with Winchester (D)efend loaded. I like the Winchester Train and Defend because they're optimized for short barrels.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    I have a whole list of ammo I do not shoot thru my G2c........Non brass casings....yep, that is my list!! And that is because I do not use it in any of my firearms, not because the G2c would not be able to handle it.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    Actually for target use I seem to get the best results with S&B or Aguila 124 gr ammo. I use Federal 147 gr HST for carry ammo
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had some issues with aluminum case ammo once. I only bought a box of it because it was a buck cheaper than the brass case of the same brand.

I have never had any problems with brass case ammo of a variety of brands. So I just buy brass case ammo, and my gun is very happy.

I use Hornady Critical Duty for carry ammo, and it shoots that just fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links