Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Round counts

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  garyh 
#1 ·
I'd like to see what kind of round counts you have, or have been reported on the PT11 G2 and/or the newer G2 series. I'm seeing from various sources counts of 3k+ and would like to see what you guys/gals are getting. Thank you.

#8 ·
Somewhere between 1100 and 1300 on my G2 but only 200 were 100% stock. I usually stop counting after 600 or so. As many guns as I have, I can't just remember anymore and will not stop in the middle of shooting to go "OOP, that's about another 50" right there" and make a tick mark in a journal. If I was a YouTuber gun person that would be something logical and worth doing. If you only have like 3 guns then that is a simple and practical task but I literally shoot whatever I plan on carrying this and next week. The G2's sole purpose being my pocket back up, it usually ends up in the rotation every time I go.

In short i'm about there with my G2 but don't really keep count unless it's something like a Sccy CPX2 where 1000 is the lifespan of some parts like the RSA.

#9 ·
As many guns as I have, I can't just remember anymore and will not stop in the middle of shooting to go "OOP, that's about another 50" right there" and make a tick mark in a journal.
The way I'm doing it now is taking only a set amount of ammunition with me to the range. If I only take 200 rounds to the range and shoot it all, then I know exactly how many rounds I've put downrange. Even if I don't, I can count the leftovers and subtract from the amount I took to get the round count.

Besides, at my age, I don't want to carry more weight around than I need to. Oddly, that hasn't prompted me to go on a diet... yet.

#11 ·
I keep record of my round counts (and any malfunctions, if they occur) in my Notes on iOS.

For my Taurus PT111 G2 (SS)

50 rounds of Fed (Walmart) 115 gr
15 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr.
50 rounds of Remington UMC 115 gr. ball
40 rounds of handloads 115 gr ball
(No malfunctions of any kind thus far.)

...guess I need to shoot this pistol more :)

#14 ·
My Millennium Pro PT145, has just over 4,000 rounds thru it. Still shoot it, still accurate, and still reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.