TAURUS PT111 G2C Need help
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: TAURUS PT111 G2C Need help

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

TAURUS PT111 G2C Need help

So I just turned 21, in the title above my local gun shop advised me this is a good starter defense carry gun. But I was reading it had reading problems and so forth. But was wondering if it was a good guns what, ammo you recommend, all of it I really love this gun just read a bad review and don't have a lot of money. And I have a FIE TITAN and I can't stand it... so if your free let me know!
    slong115 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Sorry I was so excited to do my first post but the problem I read it had was a feeding problem that the slide would get stuck until a break in period was done sorry I forgot to add that above and I don't know how go edit the post.

Member #
    Liked
    4274 times
    You don't need help, just better information. You will find that there are a lot of opinions of various firearms and people with no reluctance to share them. Like those on this forum. Truth is, no matter how much a gun costs there will be those that will fail. "Mean time between failure" is a statistical calculation that uses failure rates to calculate reliability. You can look it up if you need a cure for insomnia.

In the past, Taurus had a rep for bad product QC. Recent experience indicates they may have fixed it. Still failures but at a greatly reduced rate. Of course, when your gun fails the rate is 100%. But the likelihood that it will fail had gone down. And so far as a "starter gun"... those are the ones that fire blanks to start track meet races. With proper care you will find your pistol likely (but not guaranteed) will function reliably. It may show better performance with a certain type of ammo, you will have to figure that out. Just don't immediately blame the gun when something happens that you can't figure out. This is the place to get information based on experience, not rumor or speculation.

And, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.
    Alfonse likes this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Aw thank you brother for all of the information and reading material. I believe I'm making the right choice as my first pistol cause my budget it is slim, and I know after shooting my weapon to clean it. But is there a set amount of rounds to fire before cleaning and also a "breaking-in" period and I'm upgrading from an FIE TITAN .25 lol

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I don't think Taurus recommends a specific break in period like some makers do but I'd say most guns need about 200 rounds through them to loosen up what's gonna get loose etc. lol. So put 500rds through it, if the last 300 were perfect, then you can probably trust the gun with your life, which is what you're doing if you carry it.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35936 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern IL. NotSo has pretty much nailed it regarding firearms and potential malfunctions. I have A PT 111 G2 and have no issues with it, even trusting it for concealed carry. The size, capacity and accuracy are the main enticements and the low cost is icing on the cake. If you are able to shoot any gun that you decide to buy beforehand it's always a good practice, but for the total package of the G2 I would recommend it without hesitation.

edit...and Happy Birthday!
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Member #
    Liked
    799 times
    My Kahr recommend 200 rds break in, but I always do around 500 rds of various ammo (specially what I am going to use for self defense) thru any firearm I am going to carry. I have a G2c not a PT111 G2...in reality the same firearm with a tweak here and there, no Taurus safety lock, and I have zero problems with the G2c. I know many say "oh, risk your life to save a few dollars buying THAT THING"!! Well That Thing, has out performed some of my firearms costing many more $$$ that the G2c.
    Last edited by mark7mod0; 04-17-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10666 times
    Welcome to the forum CO. The 111 G2 and its follow on G2C are both proven value firearms. Also there are great rebates on the G2C right now $25 - $30 depending on the model. My G2C ran great out of the box and compared very well to the more expensive Glock 19.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...mer-carry.html

Here is my initial review:
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...verstring.html

You have so many choices now for subcompact double stack 9mm pistols under $500.
    Ruger SR9C ( my personal favorite and what I carry ) - $280 - $380
    Turkish clones of the CZ compacts (tristar, Canik) $380 - $420
    Glock 26 - Used $350-$400 , new $400 - $500
    Springfield XD/XDM/XD mod2 in prices from $350 - $500
    Walther Creed - $260 - $300
    There are others , but I don't have personal experience with them. Good on you to get something other than FIE for self defense. Enjoy your journey and let us know if you have more questions.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Hey thank you guys all so much for the information it means a lot and thank y'all for the warm welcome!! So after how many rounds do I need to clean it??? And can I clean it at the range??
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Yea my local gun shop is giving me a holster a 2 boxes of ammo, the gun and chl classes form me and my fiance for roughly 300

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links