Should I get a G2C?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Should I get a G2C?

  1. #1
    Member
    Member #
    30780
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    66
    Liked
    86 times

    Should I get a G2C?

    Been wanting to add one to the collection. Would it be worth the investment? Local shop has them for about $220.

    Heard mostly good things about them.

    Would love to hear your feed back.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Member #
    38167
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Central New Mexico
    Posts
    19,958
    Liked
    31790 times
    Do you need a medium capacity, reliable, accurate pistol that's easy to conceal? Then it's a good choice.

    If you're looking for a BB gun or an investment in the sense that it will gain value, probably not.

    But yes, they are excellent guns for their intended purpose!
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

  3. #3
    Member
    Member #
    30780
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    66
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Do you need a medium capacity, reliable, accurate pistol that's easy to conceal? Then it's a good choice.

    If you're looking for a BB gun or an investment in the sense that it will gain value, probably not.

    But yes, they are excellent guns for their intended purpose!
    Excellent answer. I current have a single stack 9, and a fullsize 9mm. But nothing in between. I have a compact 40S&W, but it's a little bulky to concealment.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Adamwest436 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    37162
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Country Living in NW Arkansas
    Posts
    7,372
    Liked
    11192 times
    Ditto to what Ghosthorse said above. Won't appreciate in value, but is a good choice for self defense. See my posting comparing it to a Glock 19:

    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...mer-carry.html
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN



  6. #5
    Member
    Member #
    30780
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    66
    Liked
    86 times
    My dealer had one left in stock. Threw it on layaway. I'll pick it up Friday. $230 with tax.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    73605
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    230
    Liked
    101 times
    I concur with above statements. If you buy it as an inexpensive gun, it shouldn't let you down and surprise you how well it works for the price. If you feel like it's similar to HiPoint where you pay $100 and can just pawn/sell it for the same $100 that's not the case especially on a G2C/S.
    Beretta M9A1
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    Remington 870 Express
    Ruger SR22
    Smith & Wesson 1911SC Two Tone
    Smith & Wesson 4006 TSW CHP
    Smith & Wesson 4566 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 5903 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 6904
    Smith & Wesson 6906 CPD
    Smith & Wesson 469 (avatar)
    Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    47367
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    992
    Liked
    1577 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phatspeed7x View Post
    Been wanting to add one to the collection. Would it be worth the investment? Local shop has them for about $220.

    Heard mostly good things about them.

    Would love to hear your feed back.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    If you're looking for an investment.... No. It will likely lose value as it is used. A good investment as a defensive weapon, however.

    There a lots of good thing to be said about them.

    I'd recommend the G2C. It's concealble, reasonably light weight. Nice capacity at 12+1. Accurate for an inexpensive Pistol

    If you do buy one, be sure to check the trigger in Single Action set up to make sure it does not have a hitch in the lengthy take up. Do this before you pay for it and leave the store with it. Once you've bought it.... it's yours.

    That is the "only" complaint I have with mine. The more I shoot, the less bothersome it becomes. However, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

    My $ .02
    Last edited by EdinGeorgia; 12-26-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    papadave328 likes this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Springfield XD Mod.2 Sub-compact 45ACP
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

    "No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    73605
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    230
    Liked
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinGeorgia View Post
    If you're looking for an investment.... No. It will likely lose value as it is used. A good investment as a defensive weapon, however.

    There a lots of good thing to be said about them.

    I'd recommend the G2C. It's concealble, reasonably light weight. Nice capacity at 12+1. Accurate for an inexpensive Pistol

    If you do buy one, be sure to check the trigger in Single Action set up to make sure it does not have a hitch in the lengthy take up. Do this before you pay for it and leave the store with it. Once you've bought it.... it's yours.

    That is the "only" complaint I have with mine. The more I shoot, the less bothersome it becomes. However, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

    My $ .02
    This as well. I ended up swapping triggers 2 weeks into ownership as my safety blade was catching on the frame when I shot it. By the time I take it apart to self fix it, I said might as well put another one in going that far into tear down.
    Beretta M9A1
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    Remington 870 Express
    Ruger SR22
    Smith & Wesson 1911SC Two Tone
    Smith & Wesson 4006 TSW CHP
    Smith & Wesson 4566 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 5903 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 6904
    Smith & Wesson 6906 CPD
    Smith & Wesson 469 (avatar)
    Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

  10. #9
    KJK
    KJK is offline
    Member
    Member #
    73529
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tampa area
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    51 times
    My fancy Galloway trigger got rid of that catch too. Didn't notice til just now.
    Adamwest436 likes this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Member #
    73605
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    230
    Liked
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KJK View Post
    My fancy Galloway trigger got rid of that catch too. Didn't notice til just now.
    Glad to hear that!
    Beretta M9A1
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    Remington 870 Express
    Ruger SR22
    Smith & Wesson 1911SC Two Tone
    Smith & Wesson 4006 TSW CHP
    Smith & Wesson 4566 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 5903 TSW
    Smith & Wesson 6904
    Smith & Wesson 6906 CPD
    Smith & Wesson 469 (avatar)
    Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

 

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2018, 07:56 PM
  2. Should I, or should I not?
    By Panda in forum Other Long Arms
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-27-2017, 10:22 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 11:02 AM