Asmund short stroke trigger - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Asmund short stroke trigger

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pmmccrea View Post
    Did you reinstall the original Taurus trigger or the Short stroke Asmuncd trigger PT111 G2 trigger?

I reinstalled the Taurus factory trigger, and I think I will install the Asmund trigger. I like that it maintains the safety and is essential a stock replacement with short throw. I want to get the trigger catch completely gone as it is now if I can (it is sooooo close), if the ever so slight catch persists then I will order the Asmund trigger and extend the cutout just a bit more when I swap triggers.

I really think that is the best fix, extending the cutout and knocking the edge off the trigger bar, which may not even be necessary really. I just think it helps make sure it doesn't catch on the point. By extending the cutout it maintains the same position for the safety blade when sitting static (still has good tension, too), but also allows it to depress much more easily which is needed to clear the trigger bar in SA mode.

It's pretty easy to do, I used a serrated edge blade to extend the cutout, it went slow enough to be precise and smooth enough to only take a minute or so to get it where I wanted it. Having another with me to compare to was a very big help in determining if it was good enough to install and not have to remove and cut again. I compared and cut a little more about three times before I reinstalled.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    It will be interesting to hear how your fix holds up over time, I would be concerned about stress risers from cutting the plastic.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw46 View Post
    It will be interesting to hear how your fix holds up over time, I would be concerned about stress risers from cutting the plastic.
    Very little cutting was needed - about 1mm, maybe less - and it definitely doesn't feel weaker for it, just a softer tension. I did leave the finger the same thickness. But, time will tell and I will probably at least keep one of the factory safety blades as a backup.

So far I like it, definite improvement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Name:  G2c_safety_blade (2).jpg
Views: 34
Size:  188.8 KB

For those that have not seen the safety blade out of the trigger assembly here is a photo of one of the untouched factory safeties for reference.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Name:  G2c_safety_blade_3.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  132.1 KB

This is about how much I elongated the cutout

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    How much you cut is not important, rather if there are any sharp angles created by the cutting that would induce stress risers. As I've heard of these trigger safeties breaking in unmodified form it is something to think about.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw46 View Post
    I thought about doing a new trigger and SS striker guide but decided against spending $40~ on a $200 pistol
    It's funny how different people think!

I have always thought it worth spending $$$ to make something exactly what I want, especially if my initial cost was low. I wouldn't want to spend $300 on a $600 gun, when I can spend $300 on a $200 gun. Both should be exactly what I want when I'm done, but I'm $400 ahead on the "cheaper" gun. I really don't care if it says Glock, Taurus, or Dewey Cheetum & Howe on the side.

This of course is a bit of an over simplification of my thinking, but I think everyone gets the point. This mentality started young with me because I have been a car builder since a young boy. That has applied directly to my computer building and also anything else that can be modified. I truly enjoying modifying things to be more of exactly what I want.

Edit to reply to Buzzsaw46: About cutting it, ok, I understand what your saying. I sawed into it, probably creating a bunch of saw cuts into it at the end of the cut, as opposed to a rounded cut like factory. Based on what you're saying, that may be a future problem. I'll keep an eye on it, and maybe I can "clean" it up when I swap triggers.
    Last edited by mduclow; 06-12-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    Nimbly likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If my wife wouldn't attempt to kill me for "spending $100 on ammo" to verify the "modification I made to the gun" I'd go run 500 rounds through it and see how it feels and looks after.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I actually quite like the trigger pull since I fixed the saftey catch, I would probably try a different trigger if I was unhappy with the stock unit. I've been known to throw stupid money to make my toys mine, so I get it!
    Nimbly likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So I've put 200+ rounds through it including some Hornady Critical Defense rounds. Not a problem at all with the pistol and the trigger/safety still feels as it did, but that hint of a catch is disappearing.

I really do like this trigger as well, but I still think I am going to install the Asmund trigger, just not yet. I want more time with this one.

After I get to about 500 rounds or so I may pull the trigger assembly out again and see how the safety blade is holding up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links