New PT111 G2 review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New PT111 G2 review

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Thankfully the trigger can be replaced. After 6 months and many range trips I couldn't deal with the false wall and looong travel anymore. The new trigger really did the trick. Sadly the new trigger degrades the ability to use this pistol for training new shooters. Having that multi strike capability makes it really nice for dry fire practice.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27596 times
    Congratulations on your new Millennium G2 PT111, and thanks for the stellar review of the pistol.
    cnj and CaptainMorgan like this.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    This is honestly a really good and informative review! You're definitely thorough, I think most people forget this when reviewing a firearm. As far as the trigger, I personally don't mind the pull and love the short reset. But I also had that same gritty issue with it even sticking some, but after doing a thorough cleaning of the firing pin and striker guide it helped reduce these issues significantly for me. I made a video showing how to do this, and several people have told me it has worked for them as well. If you care to check it out and see if this works for you, I've embedded it below. If you choose to do this, I would love to hear if this made a difference for you as much as it has for me and others. Cheers!

cnj and CaptainMorgan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    496 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Default32 View Post
    This is honestly a really good and informative review! You're definitely thorough, I think most people forget this when reviewing a firearm. As far as the trigger, I personally don't mind the pull and love the short reset. But I also had that same gritty issue with it even sticking some, but after doing a thorough cleaning of the firing pin and striker guide it helped reduce these issues significantly for me. I made a video showing how to do this, and several people have told me it has worked for them as well. If you care to check it out and see if this works for you, I've embedded it below. If you choose to do this, I would love to hear if this made a difference for you as much as it has for me and others. Cheers!

Thank you for the comments on my review (not sure why the formatting got a little goofed up when I posted it), and thank you for the video link as well, Default32! I will absolutely give this a shot and report back on the effects. I will also comment that, since I posted this review, I have purchased an additional G2. This one being a used all black model from a member on the boards. This one has ~1550 rounds through it, and the trigger is MUCH smoother than the G2 I bought new. That tells me there is alot of credibility with the folks saying that the trigger needs time to break in. I kind of purchased this used G2 as a "spare parts kit" to get me by for a while if I ever needed something from Taurus, and I'll still do that, but I am also now thinking that I may use the new-to-me pistol as the primary practice gun, and carry the stainless G2, but shoot it only occasionally. Not sure yet.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black

Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    I do have the fear that Taurus will soon discontinue this pistol. They are at clearance pricing pretty much everywhere, and Taurus just introduced the new TH pistol. I’ve heard rumors of a new TS (striker fired) slightly smaller pistol as well. I sure hope I’m wrong, though.
    Taurus has just renamed it the G2C and they have remilled the slide with no Taurus Safety key, so I don't see it being discontinued. But I will say, the new TSC will be redundant.
    Last edited by DanPop; 02-10-2018 at 03:34 PM.

EAA SAR K2P 9mm
    Taurus PT111 G2 9mm
    Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size
    Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
    Walther PPS m2 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    S&W Bodyguard .380
    Sig Sauer Mosquito 22lr
    Sig Sauer P250 22lr compact

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hey man appreciate it, and that's awesome to hear! If you're interested I made a video of how to install the firing pin springs and striker guide as well as a new guide rod. I thought of an awesome trick that will make it much more easier than other video's I've seen! Check it out and let me know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links