Night sights for the Pt111 Mil Pro with Dovetail! Pic Heavy dialup alert
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Night sights for the Pt111 Mil Pro with Dovetail! Pic Heavy dialup alert

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Night sights for the Pt111 Mil Pro with Dovetail! Pic Heavy dialup alert

NOTE for the benifit of those that don't look at the concealed carry forum I am posting this here as well!!!

As others have found the Wilson Night Eyes will work on the PT111 Mil Pro 3rd Gen with a little work. Very little...

The front sight was very tight and I had to drive it in with a brass drift! There is no way it is moving anywhere.

The rear sight is a little loose but it has a set screw and I shimmed it with a sliver of .007 feeler gauge on the back edge of the dovetail. I also used a large amount of red Locktite gel under the sight and a small dap on the set screw. The front sight is enough lower than the original sights (straight eights) that I think the gun will most likely require a diff hold... I will know better once I shoot the gun. Note the top of the rear sight is the same hight from the slide as the factory rear sight even though there is a slight gap on the wilson.

I will post a range report once a test has been completed.

the sights are these ones. http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_sights_ne.asp

The non night sights are the same fit so would work for those that don't need nights sights but want three dot sights.

The ones that I purchased are the second ones from the top of the list.

note these should work on all of the MIL Pro line ans well as the 24/7

A few pictures of them installed!

Alfonse likes this.
    High School Automotive Instructor

Firearms lost in tragic boating accident.....

NRA Life Member
    http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/whycarry.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Re: Night sights for the Pt111 Mil Pro with Dovetail! Pic Heavy dialup alert

Looks good to me. Good job.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Nice! Let us know how it shoots. What model did you buy them for?
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

The 367d and 367t are the ones that will fit... the 367t are the night sights. They are for the 1911 and if you look at the fit chart you will see that the Taurus PT1911 falls under the A category and the 367d and t are the ones that fit the A category!

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The big question is, does it hit where you aim, or is it low like the stock sights and Williams Fire Sights.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

6-oclock hold at 10 to 15 yards seems to work for me... however I never had a problem with the straight 8's if I covered the target with the front sight and lined up the front blade top with the top of the rear sight...

I only had time to shoot 50 rds today behind my parents place ... I will try and get a better range report once i can get to the pistol range at my club...

Edit to add.... I just measured the williams firesight front sight an it is .213 high and the factory front sight is .295 high.

The wilson sight is .182 high major Diff!!!

this measurement is from the top of the slide to the highest point on the front sight for each respective sight.

NOTE the rear sight in each case is the same hight as the factory sight.

This means that the wilson combat front sight is .113 shorter than the factory front sight...

NRA Life Member

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32562 times

You just solved a big problem for me - thanks !! I wasn't aware that the Wilson night sights would work with the Mil Pro, I had a horrible experience with PT Night Sights and would use NO sights on my PT145 instead of dealing with them again.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Glad my little adventure will help someone else! I am very happy with these sights! They have dim yellow rear dots and a bright green front dot! They also have a sliver ring around the dots to help them show up better in the daylight!

NRA Life Member

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32562 times

I purchased from Novak some tritium sights for my PT1911 instead and I love them.....but I'm ready to get my PT145 night-combat ready.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

These have tritium inserts also! The ones I got for my CZ82 are Meprolight

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links