New Holster for my PT145
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

New Holster for my PT145

Well my wife and I were heading to Target yesterday when my truck steered itself right into the gunshop parking lot that is on the way. I swear my truck seem to know right where I want to go!!

Well I was digging through some holsters on the wall and he had a nice looking DeSantis mini slide OWB for the PT145 but I have been laid off so I cant spring 70 bucks right now.

Then down low I spotted a Fobus sp11b for the 145 and it was 21 bucks, So I figured what the hell I give it a try.

After adjusting the retention screw I got it to where I felt comfortable on being able to get it out of the holster and still have enough tension to hold it.

Probably due to my gut and flimsy Wal-Mart belt, the grip leans out away from me more than I like but I was wearing an unbuttoned and untucked button down shirt so it really didn't show.

My only concern is that it will mar up the finish on the gun. But it's alot more comfortable than IWB.

My

My Website:
    http://www.chipperi.com

"It is great to be an American, As an American we have rights. I respect that we have the right even to burn the flag. But understand we also have the right to keep and bear arms. So if you burn my flag I Will shoot you"

Johnny Cash.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: New Holster for my PT145

I carry my blued PT145 daily in a Fobus holster. My gunbelt is a 5 stitch Wilderness Tactical Instructor Belt.
    The plastic has worn the bluing on the sides of the slide. With a stainless slide I don't think any wear will be noticeable.

Member #
    Liked
    1041 times

Re: New Holster for my PT145

I bought a great bullhide belt (think about 30 bucks) from beltman.com. I really think a good holster deserves a fine and sturdy belt.

smit
    Reputation is about what people see you do. Character is about what you do when no one is looking. (by me)

Sponsored Links