Millennium G2 PT111 vs the competition - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Millennium G2 PT111 vs the competition

Member #
    Liked
    17885 times
    Good comparison, and thanks for it, will offer up one alternate. The M&P shield trigger, the one i have is much, much better then the g2 trigger, it isnt gritty, is the pull weight is the same, its reset is crisp and can be clearly felt, and its travel distance is about half the g2 trigger. Maybe they changed something, or maybe the trigger guy was home sick when the one you tested was made. But they are a night and day difference in favor of S&W for the ones i have at least.
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Member #
    Liked
    858 times
    hahaha....the G2 is unbeatable at it's price point, LOL!

Very nice review/comparison!!!

would make it perfect if you include capacity so readers/would-be-buyers will be aware...
    Last edited by Col.TED; 01-17-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    Ralph_Kirk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    I own both a Ruger SR9C and a Taurus PT111. In my opinion, your comparison was very accurate. But, I like the Taurus better for concealed carry.

First, my SR9C came with a 10 round magazine and a 17 round magazine. The 17 round magazine is not a CC option. This is an SR9 magazine with a rubber spacer to fit the SR9C. So I use the 10 round one if I CC. The PT111 is the winner with a 12 round magazine. Quantity does matter to me.

Second, the grip of the SR9C is shorter with the 10 round magazine. I prefer the little longer grip of the PT111. However, with the 17 round magazine, I like the SR9C better than the PT111. Essentially, the SR9C with the 17 round magazine feels like a full size pistol.

The bottom line is I like both pistols depending on their application. I added a LaserMax to the SR9C and with the 17 round magazine, it resides in my nightstand. The PT111 is for CC and I leave it in a handy spot near me inside the house. My 24/7 Compact 40 cal is in my truck. I am not paranoid, I am ready.

HoosierJake
    Last edited by HoosierJake; 01-17-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    I am in favor of gun control. ALWAYS use both hands on your weapon!

Three Taurus PT111 Gen 2 and a 24/7 Gen 2 40 cal Compact
    Ruger SR22 and SR9C 9mm Compact
    S&W Sigma 9mm
    NRA Distinguished Member, Georgia Concealed Carry License

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Col.TED View Post
    hahaha....the G2 is unbeatable at it's price point, LOL!

Very nice review/comparison!!!

would make it perfect if you include capacity so readers/would-be-buyers will be aware...

Updated to include mag capacity
    Col.TED likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 53rdcard View Post
    Good comparison, and thanks for it, will offer up one alternate. The M&P shield trigger, the one i have is much, much better then the g2 trigger, it isnt gritty, is the pull weight is the same, its reset is crisp and can be clearly felt, and its travel distance is about half the g2 trigger. Maybe they changed something, or maybe the trigger guy was home sick when the one you tested was made. But they are a night and day difference in favor of S&W for the ones i have at least.
    Yea it seems from looking online there is a pattern of inconsistencies with their trigger. Some love it for the reasons you mentioned and others hate it for the reasons I experienced. The fact that I felt the same heaviness/grittiness on both the shield and compact with no clear reset on either led me to think it was just how the trigger was designed. It is really a shame because with the trigger as you described it would put both the shield and M+Pc as great guns.

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMan View Post
    Gsx4 couldn't agree more about the M+Pc trigger. That was really the only negative I could find for both the shield and the compact but it was enough to make me get the G2. Do you find the G2 is easier to carry than your XDsc?
    MichiganMan - Since the G2 is thinner and lighter then it easier to carry (in that regard) when compared to an XDsc, but I have no problem carrying an XDsc. I also sometimes carry an XDm Compact .40, summer or winter, which is no problem either. The G2 seems to be my go to gun in the summer months or when I need maximum concealment, regardless of the season. For reference I'm 5'9", approximately 170 lbs. and usually carry about 12% body fat, a little less in the summer.
    Gsx4

...and the judge asked "When the man stole your purse, why did you shoot him six times?" The woman replied, "Because when I pulled the trigger the seventh time the gun just went click." My kind of woman.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9059 times
    This is a great and timely comparison. With expansion it would make a great article one of the concealed carry magazines.

And your observation about the SR9c is right on the money. I have an SR40c and it shoots very well. I bought it as a backup for the PT-140 MilPro that is being replaced with a G2.
    Last edited by Lmstncwby; 01-17-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    443 times
    Three years ago when I was shopping for a new cc gun it ended up between the Shield and the G2. The trigger on the shield is what made me go with the G2 (along with the price) and I have no regrets, my son just bought a new shield and he said it was because of the trigger and I asked him if he was nuts, we went out and shot both guns and his shield has an awesome trigger, I would say they have made a change.

Member #
    Liked
    5707 times
    Great writer up! Thank you for sharing! Well thought out with lots of value info!

Member #
    Liked
    3860 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Den46 View Post
    Three years ago when I was shopping for a new cc gun it ended up between the Shield and the G2. The trigger on the shield is what made me go with the G2 (along with the price) and I have no regrets, my son just bought a new shield and he said it was because of the trigger and I asked him if he was nuts, we went out and shot both guns and his shield has an awesome trigger, I would say they have made a change.
    The Shield I shot with had a quite heavy trigger, but not particularly gritty--that didn't bother me. But the Shield was never comfortable in my hand--it never felt like I was fully in control of it. And the mag capacity always bugged me. I tried really, really hard to like the Shield, and stood there looking at it with my hand on my wallet several times. But it just never felt quite right, never shot quite right, and I never really liked the mag capacity (back in my younger days, I shot .45 ACP with the same capacity and just told myself, "If you can't do it with eight, you just can't do it").

Then I had a chance to handle a G2, and it felt just right. The mag capacity was sufficient, and it was pleasing to shoot.
    trooperc7 likes this.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links