Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Advice on Concealed Carry

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Advice on Concealed Carry

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on handgun that my friend is selling. My friend is selling his Taurus PT-145 Millennium for $300. I've been looking at getting my CPL for quite some time. I've also been looking at getting something new, but the price is so good that I don't know if I can pass it up. It's a great size for me and I think a .45 would be perfect for defensive carry.

I have been drawn to Glocks as well, but I don't know much about Taurus. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is this a good price for this model?

AF

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    I don't know for sure, but I think this is one of the models that is part of a lawsuit and or recall. You may want to wait until another member here who knows for sure can advise you. Hold off if you can, form what I understand, Taurus is only offering like $200.00 if you send it in. Check it out before you buy.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Member #
    Liked
    3302 times
    Welcome from Missouri! I'm sure you'll get great advice here about it. See if there is a range near you that rents guns and have your friend meet you there with it and get rent a glock. Shoot them both to get a feel for what you like. If you like both, let price then decide you next step or get both.
    mingaa likes this.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankercorps71 View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I think this is one of the models that is part of a lawsuit and or recall. You may want to wait until another member here who knows for sure can advise you. Hold off if you can, form what I understand, Taurus is only offering like $200.00 if you send it in. Check it out before you buy.

Also, welcome to the forum.
    What is the lawsuit/recall? Do you have any other info on this? Thank you for the advice! I was seriously considering picking it up later this week but I might hold off a bit knowing this.

Member #
    Liked
    869 times
    I saw a Taurus PT709 and PT740 Slim for $299.00 at Cabelas, brand new. Since they are single stack they conceal really well. You could also get the TCP380 which is light and smaller for under $200.00. It is a .380cal but I am sure would not make anyone's day.

Member #
    Liked
    1177 times
    The other posters are right, this is one the guns involved in the class action settlement:
    If You Own a Taurus Pistol A Settlement Has Been Proposed in a Class Action Lawsuit that Alleges Safety Defects

WHO’S INCLUDED?
    You may be a Settlement Class Member and have rights under this settlement if you are a resident or entity of the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, or Guam and own one or more of the following Taurus-branded firearms on July 30, 2015: PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 (the “Class Pistols”).2 The settlement doesn’t include Taurus G2 model pistols.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26891 times
    If you want a .45 acp, might I suggest the Glock 30S. It holds 10 in the magazine and one in the chamber. It will also except 13 round magazines from the Mod. 21 Glock, which are good to carry as a back up magazine. Had mine on today.
    https://us.glock.com/products/model/g30s
    FreeInAZ and mingaa like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8936 times
    I'll answer your questions. Yes. As far as advice, do your research. I carry a PT145MilPro, have done my research on the lawsuit, and won't 1) stop carrying the gun and 2) send it back to Taurus for replacement. Mine does not have safety issues, and I don't drop my guns.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky109 View Post
    I saw a Taurus PT709 and PT740 Slim for $299.00 at Cabelas, brand new. Since they are single stack they conceal really well. You could also get the TCP380 which is light and smaller for under $200.00. It is a .380cal but I am sure would not make anyone's day.
    I CC a PT-709 Slim in a pocket holster made to look like a "fat wallet" This has worked really well during the summer months... wearing cargo shorts. I purchased my PT-709 at Cabelas (Hamburg, PA) and got a sweet deal. I owned a Glock 19 and 21... they are quality pistols. The advantage of Glock... you have more performance parts, accessories and holsters available.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyAlex View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking for advice on handgun that my friend is selling. My friend is selling his Taurus PT-145 Millennium for $300. I've been looking at getting my CPL for quite some time. I've also been looking at getting something new, but the price is so good that I don't know if I can pass it up. It's a great size for me and I think a .45 would be perfect for defensive carry.

have been drawn to Glocks as well, but I don't know much about Taurus. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is this a good price for this model?

AF
    I would opt for a new G2 .Or a new 24/7. Prices right now are super low.
    Waltherfan01 and NFlaBull like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links