Truglo front sight question.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Truglo front sight question.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Truglo front sight question.

Just received the truglo long bead front sight that people are using for the pt111 g2. In case I dont like it I want to keep the original screw unmodified just in case.

Does anybody know what size screw the truglo uses?

Thanks for any and all replies.

JBL

Member #
    Liked
    25803 times
    When I have questions like that (been there!) - I go to the manufacturer. They have never let me down TRUGLO included. They all know their hardware very well. (My experience)

You will also be amazed at the vast array of small machine screw hardware available on eBay and Amazon. They have all the goods that the local hardware stopped carrying (Fastenall included) years ago.

You MAY have to buy a large quantity to get the one that you want BUT the price will be wholesale and not highway / inter web robbery!!
    WartHog354 likes this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I tried truglo and got lectured that it was not made for use on a semiauto slide and wouldn't give me the size and tpi used on the sight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25803 times
    Got a link to the sight you are talking about. That sounds a little 'hinkey'.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    1250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I tried truglo and got lectured that it was not made for use on a semiauto slide and wouldn't give me the size and tpi used on the sight.
    Really, well that kinda sucks. I don't think I would have been to pleased with them.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ " The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
    Support the sport Take a friend to the range

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face."--Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    25803 times
    Well - from a product design standpoint the sight was designed for a stable barrel mount - as big as the shotgun hit might be semi autos move and arguably slam twice per shot in rapid succession. Ouch.

Fiber optic sights are plastic. Well engineered plastic, for sure but plastic none the less. They come in many diameters.

I run them on some of my pistols and am prepared to (and have) replaced them (the light tube) in the field more than once.

Maybe asking Truglo what they recommend for this
    Application would be helpful.

On the other hand - if you head down the road of experimentation - you may find a great answer ( it can happen) OR a grand failure.

Think, ask, ask again - good luck in the aftermarket world!!!
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    6731 times
    There are several threads on here about the Truglo sights. One of the might answer your question.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46825 times
    The link suggests it is a paintball sight. I did not research that. If it is designed for paintball, I can understand their concerns of it being used on a semi-auto pistol from a liability stand point. If they helped you use it it for unintended purposes and it flew off and damaged someones eye, I am sure some lawyer would try to go after them. CYA world we live in.

Take your factory screw to any decent hardware store and they should at least be able to give you the specs on it even if they don't have one to sell you.
    mingaa likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    2460 times
    I would call back and tell them that you lost the screw to mount it without mentioning being for a semi-auto. You may get lucky and they will send you a mounting screw for free.
    Gun control is like making it harder for sober people to own cars.
    ~Unknown

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
    ~Charles A. Beard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links