Finish is going fast? Help? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Finish is going fast? Help?

Member #
    Liked
    5146 times
    Whatever created the wear marks on your holster, will also keep the rust away.... My G2 looks exactly like yours and i have been carrying it for over 2 years.....Just the occasional wipe down is all you need......As someone else said, it gives the gun character.
    Drewski likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    What's the deal with Taurus CS concerning the finish within a year of purchase? Does this mean they will pay shipping both ways AND refinish the slide? Do they 'refinish' the slide to the same standards as the original finish or do they make it so it's more durable than before?
    Give a Liberal a thought and they'll repeat it mindlessly all day. Teach a Liberal to think for themselves and they'll vote Conservative.

JBL
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I went with the SS slide. I wouldn't worry about it. Shows character.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PTDOUDE View Post
    What's the deal with Taurus CS concerning the finish within a year of purchase? Does this mean they will pay shipping both ways AND refinish the slide? Do they 'refinish' the slide to the same standards as the original finish or do they make it so it's more durable than before?
    Normal wear and scratches on the finish from carrying the gun are not covered under the 1yr warranty so I am pretty sure Taurus will not pay shipping nor they will refinish the slide for you even the gun was purchased within the 1st year. I sent the slides of my old pistols to CCR Refinishing to refinish them and Brad did wonderful job to make them look better and much more durable than the original finishes. Contact Mary at CCR for more details, she's very nice.
    PTDOUDE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus10 View Post
    .....I sent the slides of my old pistols to CCR Refinishing to refinish them......
    Thanks for the link. I'll give them a try when my G2 finish wears down.
    Give a Liberal a thought and they'll repeat it mindlessly all day. Teach a Liberal to think for themselves and they'll vote Conservative.

Member #
    Liked
    9417 times
    All my blued/black Tauri have wear /shiny spots on sharp edges. When I start getting anal about it I use a Beachwood Casey Presto Gun Blue Pen to touch them up - lasts until I start holster the gun again.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    1561 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    Just one of the reasons I prefer stainless steel...
    Me too, just couldn't find anyone who had one in my area. But I still love it just the same.
    Maybe I could send it to Miami and have them Put that "Stainless Steel" finish on it that I was reading about
    A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving — which is a privilege, not a right — then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.
    President Donald J. Trump

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    That's why I have stainless, besides that it's a working gun no safe queen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links