Taurus Firearm Forum banner

PT111 G2 failure to extract with full magazine.

4K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  espacef1fan 
#1 ·
I'm having an issue with my AWESOME pistol.
If I attempt to fire it with a full mag and one int he chamber(12+1) the slide will not cycle. It will also not cycle manually.

I've tried cycling it manually with a full mag and nothing in the chamber, again no dice.

It cycles just fine with 11 in the mag.

Am I alone with this problem?
Should I sent it back to Taurus?
Should I polish the bottom of the slide where it contacts the top of the round? Will that affect my warranty?

I'm ok running it as 11+1, but I would like to be able to run it 12+1.

#2 ·
These mags are known to be VERY stiff when new.

Keep fully loaded (and safe), for a few weeks. During this time load and reload the mags as many times as possible. It should eventually loosen up.

Have you checked if your mag needs cleaned. Some on here have reported that their mags came dirty and this helped.

Have you tried a different mag if available?

My guess, is it's just stiff and a bunch of loading and unloading will help.

Also, keep shooting with 11 rounds until the gun is broken in. Some have reported no issues from the beginning, some have reported issues resolved after several hundred round fired. Also, check the gun for "factory" grease. Clean it out if necessary.

Also, might want to invest in a Maglula, your fingers will love you!

http://www.amazon.com/Lula-Universal-Pistol-Magazine-Loader/dp/B001HBHNHE

#6 ·
Is the gun fairly new? When mine was new, the mag springs were very stiff and the 12th round would never sit flush up against the feed lips unless I rolled it around with my thumb to seat it properly. I never had any failures, but I always worried about it. Try manipulating the last round until it is flush and see if this solves your problem. The mags do get better with time (not just sitting loaded, but many rounds of loading and unloading).

Work it out at the range, and until you are 100% certain it's fixed, run 10+1 or 11+1. Also, cleaning the magazines inside and out should be part of the normal cleaning routine, but I would run them dry, just my opinion.

#14 ·
Glad you figured it out. The G2 is a fantastic carry gun. Enjoy

#17 ·
Yes I was getting 13. I'll make a video and show you, just for laughs. What happened is I mistakenly counted 12 when I inserted 13 the first time. I checked the round count holes on the magazine and noted two round in the 12 round hole and forever after it was gospel that it was 12 rds in this state. I didn't second guess my loading difficulty because I read all about how hard it was to load the last round

#18 ·
I almost did the same thing with my 92 magazines the first time, almost had 18 in one until the round stopped halfway in. Lesson learned about loading magazines while watching tv, unless I don't have control of the remote so I'm not paying it any attention anyway.

#22 ·
Especially given the number of times when someone is crying that they can only get 9 in a 10 round magazine.

#24 ·
Man, hats off to your powerful thumb. Not so much for the addition but WOW 12 kills me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.