Trying to find a PT111 G2 9MM in Charleston SC or close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trying to find a PT111 G2 9MM in Charleston SC or close

Member #
    Liked
    85 times

Question Trying to find a PT111 G2 9MM in Charleston SC or close

I've never bought a firearm over a website and had to deal with FFL, and I really like being able to give business to a local shop, even if that means paying a 'little' more.

Stopped at one shop who is a Taurus dealer - before tax $449 and they would have to special order it. I want to give local a try, but a $100 more than online is a a little steeper than I can stomach.

Does anyone know of a place in Charleston out to 100 miles that may carry them? Academy is out at every location or I would drive to Aiken.

Any ideas? And if anyone has this who also has the 24/7 G2 - what are your insights?

Thank you and happy holidays!

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dawhoo View Post
    I've never bought a firearm over a website and had to deal with FFL, and I really like being able to give business to a local shop, even if that means paying a 'little' more.

Stopped at one shop who is a Taurus dealer - before tax $449 and they would have to special order it. I want to give local a try, but a $100 more than online is a a little steeper than I can stomach.

Does anyone know of a place in Charleston out to 100 miles that may carry them? Academy is out at every location or I would drive to Aiken.

Any ideas? And if anyone has this who also has the 24/7 G2 - what are your insights?

Thank you and happy holidays!

Have a look at Taurus website They have a list of dealers.
    The price you were quoted seems way high. Should be around $330 - $360.

Member #
    Liked
    5146 times
    Good luck on your quest to get the PT111 G2..........it will be worth the effort.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    I called one of the dealers listed that was close and they gave me the $449 price. I will call some of the other dealers on Monday. There are only a few listed within 50 miles of here. I could always wait until Academy restocked I guess - if it comes to that.

I had an offer to buy a used for $380, but I have never had a preowned and judging by the way some of my friends treat their firearms I don't want to.

But all the gunshops I've gone to seem to rarely have anything other than .45 Taurus or the big models. I did see the one now stocks the 24/7 G2 which I still think is the best pistol I've owned .... so far

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    There are several listed on GB for around $308 + shipping & FFL, but NO tax. My dealer charges $20 for FFL. My dealer, who is a friend got me mine for $280 + tax. $300 total. He charges everyone only $20 for transfer. Make sure the price includes 2 mags as I have seen a few low prices that did not.

Member #
    Liked
    4010 times
    Buy it online or wait. No use feeling like you got ripped off by LGS...jmo.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

Member #
    Liked
    7142 times
    I've also been thinking about a g2, and have been tempted by Bud prices (recently $297 with no shipping or sales tax), but like you, I like to buy locally.

You might have to haggle to get a reasonable price locally. Some shops are open to it, others get growly about it.

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Went to 8 Taurus local shops in last few days. Lowest price was $440 - no budge on cost. Even said cash now if I can get out the door for $425, because that's all I have on me. No dice.

Guess I will either buy online or drive 50 miles and save $100.

That's the way it goes I guess.

Member #
    Liked
    925 times
    Dawhoo.....with those kind of prices you might want to check Davidson's using their Gun Genie search for FFLs in your area who will deal with them. Davidson's currently show 99+ available. I know their prices are a bit higher than many dealers because they offer their own warranty. I live in Michigan and have one place not too far from me that will get one 'out the door' for $392 using Gun Genie. I have never purchased from Davidson's yet but people seem to like them. I am going to check local dealers after the Xmas finances return to normal to see if I can get an even better deal. Since Taurus has a lifetime warranty, using Davidson's and paying a few $$ more for the gun because of their warrant is not as critical....but my prices from them seem better than anything you have found locally. Good luck in your quest.

JBL
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Just got a PT111 G2 with SS slide for 340.00+tax last week here in western Wisconsin. They had 359.99 on it but negotiated it down.

2 degrees out so can't shoot it until it warms up.

Good luck on tracking one down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links