New to the Taurus world
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New to the Taurus world

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

New to the Taurus world

Hi guys, my name is Jacob and I’ve recently joined the Taurus fraternity with my recent pickup of a Taurus PT92C. From my understanding the PT92C model was a limited run from Taurus, but it seems like they were ahead of the game by releasing a compact model of the PT92. Too bad they were discontinued so looking for parts has been difficult.

I would’ve gotten the regular PT92 with readily available parts however this Kung Flu virus has gotten everyone sucking the guns off the shelves clean. Which I do not mind at all with having hopes they will understand our 2A rights more in the future.

Anyways, that’s my experience so far in the Taurus world and I look forward to trying out this PT92C

Collection I got so far:
    Glock 19
    Walther PPS M2
    Springfield 1911 45 ACP (I’m aware of the controversy but they had a hot deal for $500 for a quality 1911 and my weak knees gave in. Sorry 2A supporters.)
    Tisas 1911 9mm (Again I’m sorry I did not buy domestic but my knees gave in and I can’t afford a $1000 9mm 1911)
    Springfield 911 9mm (This list is starting to make me feel bad about myself, but palmetto state armory had this for $379.99 and maybe y’all can catch this deal if it’s not too late. Asking price everywhere else is over 500. You know already, the weak knees)
    Taurus PT92C (The whole reason I’m here right now and I don’t need to be hashing out $600 for a beretta 92 at the moment)

Non-handgun:
    MK12 SPR (Not really though it is an 18in PSA upper chambered in .223 Wylde cause I love the best of both worlds. It is on an Anderson lower with a 2 stage LaRue flat trigger. And of course an A2 Buttstock from Stag Arms. Also a Miculek muzzle brake.

Member #
    Liked
    2461 times
    Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.
    DesertEagle.22LR likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35504 times
    Welcome from West Texas, Jacob!

Sounds like a nice firearm collection you have going there.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Haha well said

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Welcome from West Texas, Jacob!

Sounds like a nice firearm collection you have going there.
    I appreciate it sir, God Bless the Republic of Texas

-Centex Proud

Member #
    Liked
    5111 times
    Welcome from Brooker Florida.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times
    Welcome from Northern Illinois! I'd grab a 92C fast if I had the chance. Tisas has been putting out some very attractive pricing on 1911's.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    12465 times
    Welcome aboard. I noticed you have 22lr as part of your handle, but no 22lr firearms? You will like the 92C, I owned one for a few years, then sold it to a gun collector buddy. He sold it to a customer, and that customer took the grips off and messed with the trigger bar..Arghh! then gave it back to my buddy wanting a refund. So he asked me to fix it, geez if you remove the trigger bar, gotta reset the trigger return spring back to correct position. simple fix. Then a young mother I was training noticed the 92C in my safe (was waiting to give back to my buddy). She wanted to try it, talk about love at first sight. Since we all go to same church, I told her to talk to the owner and see if he would sell it to her. Well he is a really nice guy and gave it to her. She used it for her CCW class. Long story to show PT92C's get around. It isn't the most accurate pistol, but it is so easy to use and maintain.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4146 times
    You may be familiar with these guys, but this is always my first place to go for parts:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...ols-tau/pt-92c

Even if they don't have the part, it is sometimes possible to get a part number and/or a "real" description of the part to help in the search. Also sometimes you can cross-reference the part number with other Taurus pistols (rare but it happens).

Good luck.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21368 times
    Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links