New to Taurus not to firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New to Taurus not to firearms

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

New to Taurus not to firearms

Not gonna lie and act like I wasn't one of those Taurus for the Poor us kinda youngster. Grew up with dad as a sig guy, uncle was loyal to his hk usp, when it came to rifles tho they both didn't care as long as it was an ar10 or ar15. Anyhow, my soon to be wife and I are closing on our first home. When the whole process began I told her I won't sign nothing til she herself has a gun that's hers and purchased by her with me only as support. Her father is a gun owner. Not an enthusiast or what any would call a gun guy. It serves as a one purpose tool near his bed. That's fine. He didn't really try and teach her much. His choice. Kinda made me feel a type of way but again his choice. Her brother is kinda a gun guy. Owns them shoots them wouldn't say he trains tho. We do use his property as our outdoor range which is nice, until I buy my land big enough to create a tactical playground complete with crocs in moats and HALO landing area complete with bullseye worth 100 pts redeemable for ammo or beer of choice. Anyhow so it's been my pleasure to be that rock. We bond and I get to look at twice as my guns and twice as many reasons why we need more. Mutually beneficial. I chose this time to let the birdie fly. I wanted to see how much she was paying attention. Again not gonna lie when she came home that day I immediately said to myself happy I was sitting down "oh this was an epic failure."

She has little knowledge of gun culture online..isn't in groups with me and doesn't follow the anti fudd or boog sub class pages (current favorite has to be the side quests for me I mean guns and gaming combines? Childhood dreams come true.) so I listen to her tell me about it. She had done her research and had decided she was going to go with compact. Purse holster dress or jeans. All made sense. She didn't focus on caliber. I kinda envy the easiness of which she set her parameters. She held fondled and dry fired. She had in fact taken notes in class. being my wife and mother of our kids, and honestly being the good one with the money, we'd never have a house or a savings for that matter if I was totally running that department alone, she's frugal almost always. She loves my sig and my FN. She's good with them even. In the end price won out and she chose the G2C. Stainless slide and I love her for not being the girly type with the pink and purple frames with bedazzled slides and flowers ejecting with each round. 330 bucks for the gun and 150rds 100 HP. We're all familiar with it. Initial reaction was disappointed. That evening like almost all our Fri or Saturday once per weekend we head to my bro in laws.

And just when I thought I couldn't love her anymore, I did. I personally only own one compact handgun. It's my edc and it's a Gucci gun to many. I've owned others and would own more. I just prefer bigger frames. We head out to our family proving ground. And she did great. Way better than I expected for a Taurus. Almost as good as some other guns she's been shooting. So naturally I had to try it of course I mean it's still a blaster right. And for the second time I won't lie. I was pleasantly surprised and even impressed considering my low expectations. For a compact 9 it was comfortable enough with the grip. I like the way they did the grip tho I wish and since we have added extended mags to help. Trigger isn't phenomenonal but smooth enough. Slide ran smooth fed well (at this time) and I wasn't missing like a drunk Russian near hypothermia drunk on vodka firing an American AK with no stock fished from the pacific. Needs sights in my opinion but not upgraded yet. I found new respect for taurus. So much so I'm considering another for a personal back up or to make my current edc more a somewhat safe Queen. I have since only sarcastically mentioned Taurus and the poor us. I truly feel they seem to be making a positive transition to fix their rep outside the revolver game which I'm not a part of. So hi I'm a new Taurus owner and happy to be wrong about my previous wrong opinion based on old knowledge.

Sorry for the novel but I'm proud of this story even tho pls don't tell my wife. She already gives me enough stuff and if she knew the deepest parts she'd turn my truck into a Taurus ad.
    Last edited by Smokewagon; 03-25-2020 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Language

Member #
    Liked
    35649 times
    Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    4455 times
    Welcome! Please try to remember this is a Family Forum and tone down the profanity! Thanks
    Name:  Welcome.bmp
Views: 50
Size:  101.3 KB
    Smokewagon likes this.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21317 times
    Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I'll make an honest attempt but I also could be the poster boy for cursing like a sailor. Dd214 and all. It's not in purpose I just don't see some language as others do. I even te read my own words and call a lot of it fringe in my book. I'm genuinely not that all speech is free speech enforcer tho I lean that way in belief. My kids are a little older too so I apologize.
    bobbojama likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Sorry everyone forgot to add we are from the home of the greatest corn on earth, Indiana, just west of indy to be precise. Born and raised and yes I have left my county and state lines once or twice. Ahhaha

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Where is this rust belt exactly not familiar with this term lol

Member #
    Liked
    2461 times
    Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    Howdy and Welcome to the TaurusArmed forum!!!
    Sounds like me with the G3, impressed the devil out of me, now have 2.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I'm actually looking at that exact pistol as a possible next. Objective comments about it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links