Nidyanazo here + Positive experience with Taurus parts shipping and customer service.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Nidyanazo here + Positive experience with Taurus parts shipping and customer service.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Thumbs up Nidyanazo here + Positive experience with Taurus parts shipping and customer service.

Hello everyone,

Although my main passion is sportbikes, I've been involved with firearms since I was a kid, when my family taught me how to shoot with a little 22 rifle.
    I'm 35 now, and can still remember the excitement I felt at 10, when I finally shot the pellet-sized center of a styrofoam cup laid on its side from ~25ft.
    I've had 22's, a couple 380's and 9mm, one of which I really like, my cz75. But never got into revolvers. A few months ago I happened to notice a Taurus 856 in the local gun shop and loved the way it looked- asked to take a closer look and really liked the feel and balance in my hand, so I paid that day and started the CA 10 day waiting period. My brother has a airweight j-frame 5 shot, and shooting them both I much prefer the 6- shot Taurus. I got the steel version, which feels solid and 'right' to me. Since buying it in January I've put close to 1600 rounds through it, and only had one small issue- the main spring strut failed. It appears to be a MIM part, and upon closer inspection had a manufacturing defect, a small area not as thick as it should be- which is right where it broke (see attached photo). I contacted Taurus on monday last week (phone lines took a bit longer to reach a customer service rep then I'd like, about 20 minutes on hold before being connected) and they told me they are in the process of moving to Georgia, so shipping may take a bit longer then normal- but 4 days later the part arrived. Excellent! It was reasonably priced at $12 with free shipping too. The funny thing is I asked the customer service rep to send me a heavy-duty strut, and not a MIM piece- and they did. The one I received was black, coated and machined, not molded.. Completely different from the stock piece, but dimensionally identical.
    In the mean time I just made a replacement part from steel and spent a couple hours polishing everything to slick up the internals.
    I now have a perfect feeling trigger, that's smooth as glass and has a nice light pull (put a galloway spring kit in at the same time) in a gun I really, really enjoy.

So anyway, I thought I'd join up here and share my experience.
    See ya'l around the forums!

NN
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    2461 times
    Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35039 times
    Welcome from West Texas! It’s good to hear of your good experience with Taurus!
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2420 times
    Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    2463 times
    Welcome to TA from Cherokee County, Georgia.

Now that you've got the revolver bug, one simply won't satisfy. You'll bee needing both a 2" and a 4" .357, a 6" 44 caliber of one flavor or another, a 4 or 6" .22 for plinkin', and something out of the ordinary as a conversation piece - something like a 2" Total Titanium in .32 H&R Magnum (that's on my current want list).

And that's just the modern Tauri. You will also need a classic - a Python, S&W M29, etc. Oh... also a SAA or clone in a traditional caliber (I prefer .44-40 myself). And you'll also want... yeah, it never ends.
    Last edited by Doctordeere; 03-22-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid."

Member #
    Liked
    9118 times
    Welcome aboard.

*Must have revolvers*

Member #
    Liked
    35649 times
    Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    12139 times
    Welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing your 856 story. I will have to check my strut as well, but so far my 856 is a winner.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    4455 times
    Name:  Welcome.bmp
Views: 43
Size:  101.3 KB
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    30155 times
    Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links