Hello everyone...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Hello everyone...

Member #
    Liked
    35 times

Hello everyone...

I recently acquired my first Taurus and thought this would be the place to gain some knowledge. Hopefully I'll be able to give some knowledge back as well.

About a week ago I traded for a PT1911. I have fitted and worked on a few 1911s in the past. This one I had my work cut out for me. The previous owner, as far as I can tell, must have been an aspiring home gunsmith. This was officially the ugliest 1911 I've ever seen and I felt bad for it.

After removing layer upon layer of black and tan spray paint I find a hideously butchered slide. Every surface just deeply ground with a dremel. But the pistol is absolutely worth saving. Plus I literally have nothing more than a cheap scope in trade for it. It did come with the box, paperwork, mags, everything it came with new plus the ugliest grips known to man. The grips that wrap the entire frame and incorporate a picatinny rail on the front...

Anyway, I've got this piece almost back to being what it started out as. I have some EGW parts on order to give it some new life.

Happy to be part of the forum. Really happy with my abused Taurus and will bring it back to its former glory.

Member #
    Liked
    1314 times
    Welcome from Iowa and congrats on your first Taurus.

You'll find lots of great people and good information here.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46029 times
    Welcome from Northern Illinois! My purchase of my PT 1911 SS was what brought me here. I've done minor changes to mine to include a single sided safety, extended slide stop, and a S & A magwell/mainspring housing. It is a super shooter with some 7,000 rounds down range. One new recoil spring and still working on the original extractor.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36038 times
    Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    4477 times
    Name:  Welcome.bmp
Views: 42
Size:  101.3 KB
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    3904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmax View Post
    I recently acquired my first Taurus and thought this would be the place to gain some knowledge. Hopefully I'll be able to give some knowledge back as well.

About a week ago I traded for a PT1911. I have fitted and worked on a few 1911s in the past. This one I had my work cut out for me. The previous owner, as far as I can tell, must have been an aspiring home gunsmith. This was officially the ugliest 1911 I've ever seen and I felt bad for it.

After removing layer upon layer of black and tan spray paint I find a hideously butchered slide. Every surface just deeply ground with a dremel. But the pistol is absolutely worth saving. Plus I literally have nothing more than a cheap scope in trade for it. It did come with the box, paperwork, mags, everything it came with new plus the ugliest grips known to man. The grips that wrap the entire frame and incorporate a picatinny rail on the front...

Anyway, I've got this piece almost back to being what it started out as. I have some EGW parts on order to give it some new life.

Happy to be part of the forum. Really happy with my abused Taurus and will bring it back to its former glory.
    Hello and welcome from Indiana! You ought to have some "start to finish" pictures happening here...I'd love to see your progress.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2461 times
    Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    5112 times
    Welcome from Brooker Florida.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35514 times
    Welcome from West Texas!
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    2257 times
    Welcome to TA. I already responded to your other post. So it is a Taurus. Well, I don't think you'll be disapointed with it, especially after you invest YOUR time and skill.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links