Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Newby onboard...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20965 times
    Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46575 times
    to the forum from the Florida Keys!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    167 times
    In answer to your question regarding our gun laws.. well, I guess I could explain it in a couple of hours but it would probably take you a week for it to sink in, become less confused and, in the end, throw up your hands and exclaim.. "We're all doomed..!!". But I'll try to be succinct...

Best to consider this for ALL of GB.. Firstly we have the notion of "GOOD REASON". This means you have to prove you have a good reason to want shotguns or firearms. This is covered by Pest and vermin control, target shooting or deer stalking. OK, SHOTGUNS: are classed as Section 2 and cover O/U's, side-by-sides, semi-auto and pump. Now with O/U's and side by sides you're limited to two cartridges at a time. With Semi autos and pumps you can only have three cartridges loaded. One in the chamber and two in the mag. More than this (and the mag has to be specifically extended for purpose) and it's no longer a Section 2, it becomes Section 1.. a firearm..!!

RIFLES: Classed as Section 1 (Firearms) Bolt or semi-auto..?? Well you can have both. BUT.. you can only have semi auto in .22LR. All other calibre semi autos were banned in 1987. You can own nearly all calibre of bolt action rifle up to and including .50 cal.

You can find out the whole truck load of info here.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_the_United_Kingdom Please don't bill me for the medication you may need after reading it... LOL !!

We are fortunate enough to have good friends down in Mississippi and Louisiana.. great fun there visiting gun shops and ranges.. and hell, just shooting off the back porch..!! (Full auto AR last October.. cool stuff, even for a 22 year veteran like me..!!)
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4779 times
    Welcome from Brooker Florida.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I love me a good motorcycle race! Welcome from Tennessee
    jlewis39 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1190 times
    Hello from KY.

Member #
    Liked
    7050 times
    Name:  Greetings.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  25.4 KB

Welcome to the forum!
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    1490 times

Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links