Taurus Firearm Forum banner

PaulTaurus - New to Site from East TN

2K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  RogueTS1 
#1 ·
Just signed up because I am a TAURUS user, two pistols PT111 G2 bought in 2016 and a Spectrum 380 bought Dec of 2018.

Satisfied with both guns now and the TAURUS service also after some issues with the Spectrum. The G2 has always been good and I shoot it OK (my skills have improved - it was not the gun, and I am still not an expert LOL).

The Spectrum had it's issue, sent back twice, seems to be OK now (more details on that later).

Other than the shooting which I got into Dec of 2105 with first pistol purchase (RUGER SR22):

I ride two wheels a lot (near 400,000 miles since may of 2001). I have a Suzuki Burgman 400cc Scooter, and a Honda CB500X 500cc called an Adventure bike (off road, not trails). Both have a bit over 60,000 miles on them. I ride 20,000 per year + / -.

I enjoy gym workouts (3 or so per week), and still able to walk behind a mower for yard work, house maintenance. Been lucky health wise at now 81 years old.

I also became interested in the study of self defense issues. Particularly, Laws Of Self Defense and Andrew Blanca's information on the topic. He has a book by that title and also offers a lot of free information if you are signed up. It is a touchy issue and you can get into a lot of trouble (legally) if you make the wrong decision in what YOU THINK is a Self Defense as the LAW may not agree with your choice to use or brandish a Deadly Weapon (Deadly Force is a touchy issue, and it had better meet the 5 rules for a defense legally).

Other than this site -- I use TN Gun Owners (lot of good info on there also).

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Let me be the first to welcome you!

There are quite a few people on this board that have similar interests with yours, so you should fit in just fine. There's quite a bit of "gun talk" but also other topics come up that may be right down your alley.

#5 ·
Welcome from Northern Illinois! My two wheels are non-motorized, although I haven't gotten on those much in recent years either.

I have the PT 111 G2 and the SR 22...both are great pistols!

#13 ·
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone -- BTW from MO born (left in 1960 after school for a job in CA)> Left CA in 1965 (same company) but job on east coast (VA, Then SC, Then VA again, Then FL, Then WA State). Retired to TN in 1997 after 2 years of full time RVing (no house).

Saw a WA State poster -- we were there from Oct 1993 til June 1995. I retired from there and we went Full Time RVing (house in FL sold while we were in WA living in an apartment). I was asked to come back to work in WA in spring of 1996 when we were in FL in the RV. So, we did go back to work (RV parked in Sequim at a member Coast to Coast park (wonder if it is till there). From FL, we traveled the south and up the coast to WA and arrived in April 1996.

Worked until June and then took the Summer RV trip to Alaska (thru Canada) for the summer of 1996. Got back in MT early Sept. Then traveled (RV) another year before settling in TN in 1997. We bought a house, but kept the RV until 2008. Did a lot of two or three month trips with the RV and spent a number of winters in FL using the RV.

Been a good life.

#17 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

#20 ·
#24 ·
Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....

#25 ·
to the forum from the Florida Keys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.