Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New Guy Here

Member #
    Summer Brainerd Lakes, MN / Winter Tres. Coast, FL
    Liked
    17 times

Cool New Guy Here

Like to introduce myself as an full time RVer who, at 72 just purchased his first hand gun for self defense. A Taurus G2C. Being a 6 year full time RVer, while walking my beagle one night, an individual stopped his vehicle by me and thought he was going to cause me problems. As he approach me I reacted by putting my hand to my rear waist. Now this individual thought I had a gun, got back into his car and drove away. I decided it was time to purchase a gun. After doing some research I found the G2C had excellent reviews and currently was available for around $180.00 after rebate, less state and transfer charges. I spend the winter months in South Florida. Unlike Minnesota where I spend most of the summer months, A requirement in Florida as probably in all states, to purchase a gun you must be a resident of that state. By law you must reside continuously in a state for at least 6 months to be considered a resident and have a legal drivers license. As I no longer can be considered a legal resident of my home state of Minnesota nor of Florida, I found a few states that do not have the six month requirement like So Dakota. I now carry a So Dakota drivers license and my vehicles are registered in So Dakota. Fortunately, my oldest son lives near where I park in Florida (that's why I winter in FL) and after some convincing my daughter that I wouldn't shoot my eye out, my son purchase the Taurus and gifted it to me. Actually, he thought that Taurus G2C and price was so good that he purchased one for his own CC.

A note to all who are wondering, yes, I have had training from beginner to advance CC classes.
    Last edited by RVer; 05-02-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31981 times
    Welcome from West Texas!
    RVer likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    2496 times
    Welcome to TA from Minnesota.
    RVer likes this.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    RVer likes this.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Welcome from Bastrop, Texas
    RVer likes this.
    I Yam what I Yam (Popeye 1956)

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    Welcome.

Your story makes me think a little bit. If it were me, I'd give my son his gun back.

It sounds like your son bought the gun for you because you couldn't legally purchase it yourself. I'm not giving legal advice, but that sounds like a very questionable act. While it may be innocent, it sure sounds like the intent is there. While it may be a stupid law, I believe the law prohibits an individual buying a gun with the intent that it really be for someone else. The ATF form that one signs when purchasing a gun has a question to the effect that this gun isn't being purchased for someone else. It may be a serious crime to answer that question incorrectly. If you really purchased the gun for self defense and a shooting occurs, I would imagine the serial number will be traced and the paperwork will show that sonny purchased the gun for himself. Of course, your son like mine may be very forgetful and it is possible that he accidentally left it in your RV while he was visiting the other day. Again, lying to federal agents may be a crime as well (am I right Martha Stewart).

Sorry, this isn't a lecture, just an observation based on your story that is published for everyone to see on the Internets (including federal agents).
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4622 times
    Welcome from Plano, TX. What RV do you own? Maybe looking at one in a few years.
    RVer likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    5562 times
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    RVer likes this.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10848 times
    Welcome aboard RV man! IMHO (in my humble opinion), it is ok for your son to gift a G2C to you. Still legal. The G2C is a great entry level self defense pistol. Enjoy and drive carefully.
    RVer likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    29224 times
    Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 1 MILLION 971 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!
    RVer likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links