Not a Hello, but a goodbye!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By texastaurusguy

Thread: Not a Hello, but a goodbye!

Member #
    Liked
    89 times

Not a Hello, but a goodbye!

Sorry to all the good guys and gals on this forum, but I can no longer in good conscience be an active member. Not going to be involved in a forum that allows its moderators to just close stuff down because, and I quote, "this thread has run its course". It is a FORUM for Christ's sake! Before you decide to chastise me, I am a member of quite a few forums on this here interwebs and I have never before, in 7 or 8 years of being in different forums, seen a thread closed because it "ran its course", followed by "If I'm wrong someone else will reopen the thread". Sounds like a personal opinion to me, not a group of moderators doing their job. Threads are normally closed because of broken rules, or by request of the OP, not because some moderator decided we all should agree to disagree. I hope you all have a happy new year! I am out now!

Member #
    Liked
    858 times
    I know the thread that you are pertaining to, I too agree that the said moderator shouldn't just arbitrarily closed the said thread......hope this would be an eye-opener to the admins & other mods that they shouldn't be closing threads just for such very shallow reasons.......active threads like that is what keep most forums alive.

Member #
    Liked
    2929 times
    That thread was so close to being a violation of forum rules that I'm surprised it was let loose as long as it was. The topic was already beat down too...in the first thread... People are emotional beings...got it. Threads like that one become divisive and cause major problems. Taking that thread a step further it was based on crap news and had the biggest media slant it could have to evoke an emotional response based on opinion rather than fact. If that thread being closed is reason to leave then it's probably best not to hang around webs where people actually look for fact before spouting opinion and making themselves look silly.

Oh oh by the way, I think parting shot threads are a violation of rules too...that may be another forum, but either way it's the Internet version of the snotty crying kid taking his baseball and going home.

If your out-don't let the door hit what the lord split.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    I know! Ever heard of protesting? Some of us still believe that protesting peacefully will make people think. A concept you obviously do not understand. You see, I did not call anyone any names in my post, like you did. I used fact, a quote or two, copied directly from the post and thread in question. But, I would like to thank you for your opinion and your right to share it, just as I have the right to share mine. Now with that said, are we at a point we can agree to disagree? BTW, are you a moderator? If not, who are you to be setting or interpreting the rules?
    Last edited by DigEm; 12-26-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33116 times
    Enough. "I'm leaving", no wait, let me reply, then I'm leaving. If you are that fickle, where you leave over a closed thread, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Locked. And, nobody will be re-opening this thread.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Sponsored Links