Greetings and Salutations From Sunny Florida
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Greetings and Salutations From Sunny Florida

I own several Taurus firearms. I bought my first Taurus, (which was my first firearm) while I was stationed at Fort Riley Kansas. It was a PT 99. I bought the pistol in 1990 and I still have it. Although I lived in Junction City at the time, I went to a a little shop in Ogden to buy the gun. It was just up a few blocks on the right as you leave the post. My next gun was a PT 92 that looked like hell. The gun looks like it was tossed in the Gulf of Mexico and left there for a month or two, but it is the most accurate pistol I own. Go figure.
    My next Taurus purchase was accidental. I went to buy a Desert Eagle, and while looking at the Eagle I spied a 454 Raging Bull and compared the two. I have smallish hands for a man, and therefore the Desert Eagle just did not feel right or comfortable in my grip; but the Raging Bull, it felt gooooood. So I bought the Raging Bull instead and have fired over 1000 rounds through it. When we take friends shooting, the Raging Bull is always the star of the show and it's the gun everyone most wants to shoot. As a testament to the Taurus designers, adolescent girls have fired this 454 and they handle the recoil with no problem. The combination of the compensator's in the muzzle and the material that the grip is made of make the gun a pleasure to shoot, even with the heaviest and hottest hunting loads in it.
    The last two Taurus's were a 1911 Homeland Defender and a Tracker .357. The tracker has a 3' barrel and with the compensator's drilled into the barrel on either side of the blade sight, the pistol has zero twist when firing, and very mild muzzle rise. For it's size and weight, it is deceptively easy to shoot. The Homeland Defender? Well, it goes everywhere I do. It's my go-to pistol and the one that I choose to carry. I like to carry my wife's Kimber Ultra Carry .45 too, but I just love everything about the Taurus 1911. For those of you who own a Taurus 1911 that do not have the Crimson Trace Laser Grips, get them. You will love love love them. They don't work in broad daylight outdoors, but indoors and in lower light conditions they are worth their weight in gold.
    Well, that's all of my Taurus firearms for now, but that's not all that I will have. On my shopping list are the Taurus Judge, Raging Bull in SW500, 24/7 OSS and there are probably more. As long as Taurus continues to produce the high quality, reliable, well designed firearms that they do, and backs them with the best warranty on the planet, I'll continue to stake my life on their guns. I have a CCW and carry almost all the time. I trust my life and the well-being of my family to Taurus firearms. Sure, I own Kimber, Springfield and S&W, and they are all fine guns; but I carry Taurus. In thousands and thousands of rounds fired I have never experienced a single malfunction with a Taurus firearm. I can't say that about Kimber or S&W.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times

Re: Greetings and Salutations From Sunny Florida

Welcome from the KY, Horse Country!!

ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Welcome from NC!
    They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? -the late, Paul Harvey

If guns kill people, spoons made Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnel fat!

http://www.weaponscache.com/forum/links/giveaways-1/

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

welcome from south texas

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Welcome to the forum, from Toledo, Ohio!
    Jon

There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.
    Ted Nugent

NRA Memeber - GOA Memeber - Buckeye Firearms Association Memeber

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Welcome from the Treasure Coast "originally Sunrise FL"
    All your firearms needs. Retail guns at wholesale prices.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=34277.0

Member #
    Liked
    9191 times

Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8312 times

Welcome from TN jump right in
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    33301 times

Welcome from Jacksonville, FL

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hello and welcome from rain drenched SE Florida.
    Raul In Sunny Tavernier, The Florida Keys
    CWFL. Speak softly and carry concealed!
    Taurus PT 1911 SS & Taurus 709 SS
    Glock 17 & Springfield XDm .40
    Para 1911 GI Expert. RIA SC Tactical 1911
    NRA, GOA & 2nd AF member
    USCCA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links