Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Greetings from Western Pennsylvania

4K views 55 replies 52 participants last post by  mark38090 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania. New to the forum, new to Taurus. I picked up an M85 stainless snubbie last month. So far so good. I've only run about 100 rounds through so far. I'm still working on it. Having some trouble with accuracy. I'm sure it's just me.

I'm excited to get back into shooting sports. I've not shot for twenty years but the bug has me already. Looking at picking up a 24/7 9mm soon. Any strong opinions or things I should keep my eyes open for?

Thanks!!

#2 ·
Welcome from Texas!

#4 ·
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

#5 ·
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

#7 ·
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join us! :thumb: Snubbies like the M85 aren't exactly target pistols, so don't stress too much. They are mainly for working up close and personal.

#10 ·
WELCOME from Sunny Florida!!

Pt111 G2 better gun than the 24/7. Reason >>>> I have a G2!! ;D

#12 ·

​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

#13 ·
Welcome from Lubbenbock (formerly Lubbock) Texas. I'm one of the few Texans who has canoed the Alleghany from Tidioute to Oil City. Beautiful country, Western PA. The Model 85 is one of the Taurus Icahns. I really favor it over the S&W 36

Reactions: TexasAviator
#15 ·
That is a great trip. Did you shoot the Oil City Rapids or go around?

#14 ·
Welcome from north Texas!

Nice area up near you, I've done some trout fishing up there before.

Reactions: Jake3501
#16 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

#17 ·
Welcome from south of the 'Burgh. Great forum here. Nice choice of snubbies you have. I'm surpised no one has said this yet:

PICS

Good to hear you've gotten back in the sport. I had been away a long time before returning about a year ago.

It may help us to know what plans you have for the 24/7 ie: target shooting, carry, etc. I'm not a 9mm guy but an idea of your plans may help those that are familiar with them to offer advice.

#18 ·
Welcome from north Florida. Enjoy your time spent here. I sure do.

Whatever you decide to get next, I'd recommend doing so sooner rather than later. I have concerns about anything related to firearms being available after the election.

#22 ·
Welcome from North Central Florida!!

#26 ·
:smile: Well howdy neighbor and welcome aboard!!! :hello: I'm just up the street from ya' in Oil City. :smile:

Reactions: Jake3501
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.