I've met better people on 2 wheels than behind the stock of a rifle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I've met better people on 2 wheels than behind the stock of a rifle

Banned
    Member #
    Under the unconstitutional skies of Northern Colorado.
    Liked
    5802 times

I've met better people on 2 wheels than behind the stock of a rifle

Well, I've been motorcycling a half of a year now.

I can say with authority that I have met better people associated with riding motorcycles than with owning guns. Frankly, I've met a lot of scumbags who own guns - people who'd lie to you about what time it was, ignorant racists, goofballs and dimwits. No wonder the elitists are afraid of gun owners. Frankly, this sector of society keeps getting worse every year, and I've been shooting for 25+ now. Shooting used to be fun, and me and all my buds would go - now it's just me. Nobody has the time or the money, or can drive 70 miles one-way to go to the nearest desert that hasn't been put off-limits by the Forest Service.

The folks who ride seem to be smart, funny, and genuinely kind. They are concerned about the relationships they have with others. Yes, they're a little nerdy, but it's all for the good. I engage in nice conversations with my new two-wheeled friends, and one has even offered me a job!

Name:  WP_000555.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  1.21 MB

Member #
    Liked
    8617 times
    I have been riding for 35+ years and you will find some jerks who ride just like some who shoot. You will finde some harley or bmw riders who dont like you because you ride rice and some goldwing/touring guys because you ride a crotch. I am just saying ther are great people and and jerks in all walks of life. I currently ride a Kawasaki concours sport/touring
    Wolf1477 likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    1251 times
    Funny, "nerdy" is the last thing that comes to my mind when I describe the guys I rode with! I NEED to get another bike and soon. I am thinking this fall/winter when people aren't summer price gouging. That will give me time to make her mine before spring. Yup, that's the plan.
    KLo likes this.
    Leejack-TexasAviator 2016 - A ticket you could proudly get behind (and provide cover fire for).

NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - No guns here... move along.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22583 times
    I don't know........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    jimb1972 likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    2176 times
    I LOVE to ride. I cannot bring myself to do it in RI anymore. Between the traffic, the MASSes and the texters. You are sure to be hit eventually. Please ride as if you are invisible. Pretend no one can see you. Know for a fact the every car will pull in front of you even when they don't.
    Last edited by locknload; 05-31-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Language Potential
    Ruger GP100 5", 10-22, 738TCP, Sears bolt .22, Mossberg 500 20ga, gsg1911 .22, CZ75b, R92 .357 mag

Member #
    Liked
    1809 times
    I've owned bikes and ridden off and on since 1978 and have been a shooter longer than that. I disagree with OP's suggestion that one group is a better class of people over the other. If I where that person, I'd find a different group to shoot with. I'll not dispute that the public ranges can be sketchy and that's why I pay dues to shoot at a private club. As far as the racist comment, I take offense to that and would say one could find racism in any "group" but a very large percentage of the gun owners/ shooters I've encountered over the last 45 years or so, do not fall into that catagory. I can also say that I've met some bikers that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
    JHPRICE and Divebum like this.

Member #
    Liked
    41801 times
    Wow, that's from left field and I would say it's impossible to make that blanket statement. Have you meet every gun owner and every bike owner? No.
    Wolf1477 likes this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    3203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter View Post
    Well, I've been motorcycling a half of a year now.

I can say with authority that I have met better people associated with riding motorcycles than with owning guns. Frankly, I've met a lot of scumbags who own guns - people who'd lie to you about what time it was, ignorant racists, goofballs and dimwits. No wonder the elitists are afraid of gun owners. Frankly, this sector of society keeps getting worse every year, and I've been shooting for 25+ now. Shooting used to be fun, and me and all my buds would go - now it's just me. Nobody has the time or the money, or can drive 70 miles one-way to go to the nearest desert that hasn't been put off-limits by the Forest Service.

The folks who ride seem to be smart, funny, and genuinely kind. They are concerned about the relationships they have with others. Yes, they're a little nerdy, but it's all for the good. I engage in nice conversations with my new two-wheeled friends, and one has even offered me a job!

Name:  WP_000555.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  1.21 MB
    ok I have to disagree with you. All my navy seal, bike riding, beer drinking and gun toting buddies i see every year at bike week, would to. I ride and my wife rides and we tote pistols and i would guess 1/2 the other bikers in daytona do to. I think you will find most of the bikers now days are like us firearm toters. They are trying to keep some thing that is pure armerican going and there is definatly a strong sense of freedom with wind blowing in your face and there are definatly asses in both cultures and i have scars to prove it

jhp

i will cut you some slack at least you are evolving ist guns then a motor cycle cant be to bad a dude
    rifleshooter likes this.

it is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    Get a gun and GET TRAINING. Training is the key to making proper and responsible decisions in the use of deadly force and training is the key to expertly defending yourself in an unavoidable lethal encounter.

Member #
    Liked
    7576 times
    I think for many shooting is a solitary experience. You will never meet me or many others at the range, I shoot and hunt on private property. I take my children, family, or a very few select friends with me. I rode for years, and my experience was very different from yours, there are as many racists, drunks, and addicts on two wheels as there are behind a rifle stock.
    Wolf1477 likes this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Banned
    Member #
    Under the unconstitutional skies of Northern Colorado.
    Liked
    5802 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JHPRICE View Post
    ok I have to disagree with you. All my navy seal, bike riding, beer drinking and gun toting buddies i see every year at bike week, would to. I ride and my wife rides and we tote pistols and i would guess 1/2 the other bikers in daytona do to. I think you will find most of the bikers now days are like us firearm toters. They are trying to keep some thing that is pure armerican going and there is definatly a strong sense of freedom with wind blowing in your face and there are definatly asses in both cultures and i have scars to prove it

jhp

i will cut you some slack at least you are evolving ist guns then a motor cycle cant be to bad a dude
    It's just an observation I've made over the last 6 months.

OBVIOUSLY, it excludes TaurusArmed.net, a place I have repeatedly cited as being the best gun place on the internet. Everybody here is just awesome, which leaves only jerks to fill the roles at 5 other places on the internet. If some of you folks lived in Colorado, you'd be awesome to hang out with and shoot with, but most of you folks actually like freedom so you've moved to Texas. I'm stuck here in Calirado, the Land of the Lost.

At least the bikers are cool.
    Texheim likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links