trading wrangler for f-150 advice
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times

trading wrangler for f-150 advice

let me start off by saying i couldn't sell ice water in hell. I want to buy an f-150 stx 4x4 extended cab and trade in my '06 wrangler. ( the jeep has a 4" lift, 33" tires, 1200lbs winch, new top,heated seats, etc) Any advice on the trade in value,how to bargain? like I said, I have NO negotiating skills. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks, John

Member #
    Liked
    7892 times
    Sell the Jeep outright. Even though you'll be sorry for getting rid it in the long run, you'll get far more than what the dealership will give you.

Member #
    Liked
    6076 times
    Amen if you can hold off. Dont trade it. It is a wrangler and will always have a market. The f150 are the most popular truck and you can always pass on a deal till you get your jeep sold. If you trade it they will insult you on trade. I worked in finance in a dealership for a while......sell it first. Then you have the upper hand.
    "You gotta ask yourself this. Would you rather have a Glock or a gun?" -Magnum Gauge-

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3280 times
    Being a Wrangler owner myself, I would say ditto to both of the other answers you've been given. Wranglers historically hold their value for YEARS. Inevitably, if you love the Wrangler the way I do, you'll regret getting rid of it. If you have to sell it, sell it out right. You will flat out get a better offer than the dealer will ever give you (particularly given the upgrades you've put into it).
    From " We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness..." logically follows "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". NRA, GOA, ISRA, SAF, KD9BFX

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Like posted above, You are way better off selling first and then buying the truck. If you are dead set on trading, make sure you go to Kelly Blue book or NADA and find out the trade in value of your Jeep and the trade in value of the F150. That way you have information on both vehicles. If you have all the information you can negotiate with any dealership. Tell them what you are willing to pay for their truck and what you want for your Jeep. Do not leave it up to them to tell you what it is worth. They will always low ball you.

Dont be afraid to tell the salesperson you are just price shopping and it will have to be a heck of a deal for you to buy today...I get a kick out of watching them accept the "challenge" to sell me a car. I always walk away from the dealership after they make their final/best deal. They usually call me back the next day with a few extra hundred bucks savings. One other thing I suggest is go to the internet and price shop every dealership and print off the best cash deal you can find and see if your local dealer can match it. It is sometimes worth a drive to save a few thousand dollars. I drove 3 1/2 hours one way to save $3,000 on my newest truck. I buy a new truck every year or 2 and have never paid close to what sticker says.

NEVER NEVER NEVER negotiate on payment amount!!!! Negotiate on total price! Interest rates are great at most credit unions right now. You can 1.99 or 2.55% depending on your credit rating easily. This is a personal preference for me. I always take the rebates and a bit higher interest rate at the dealership and refi as soon as I can. Ususall after 1 or 2 payments. I have a credit union that gives me 2.5% right now on everything.

I just bought a brand new (2012) F150 supercrew FX2 with leather heated seats etc, and paid right at 30,000 with tax title and license fees in TX.
    I use this place to see what the prices are for the area. New Car Search - Houston Ford Dealer - Mac Haik Ford Houston They show HUGE discounts and kill other dealers with their prices.

Sorry this was a book but I hope it helps you. BTW I do these things whether I trade or buy outright.
    If it is to be...It is up to me!

Sponsored Links