• 2 Post By silverblackman
  • 1 Post By whichfinger

Thread: why we lost

Member #
    Liked
    498 times

why we lost

vaskeet likes this.
    when i get my sawed off.... ZOMBIES get hauled off!!!

Member #
    Liked
    2503 times
    I really think that the main problem is that far too many people simply believe what they are told.

We could learn a lesson form Leroy Jethro Gibbs: "Rule #3: Don't believe what you're told. Double check".

That will also work for selecting someone to any office.

(P.S.-this NRA member and gun owner voted)
    Last edited by brojohn; 11-12-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    16424 times
    I think the real issue is the vast majority of voters are not of a single-issue mindset. Hard-core anti-abortionists (a minority) won't vote for a candidate in favor of legal abortion, even if they agree with the candidate on all other issues. If the candidate from the opposition party comes out in favor of making abortion illegal, they'll vote for that candidate regardless of his views on other issues. Hard-core pro-Second Amendment voters (NRA members and friends - also a minority, as the article points out) do the same regarding gun rights. At the risk of redundancy, the vast majority of voters are neither hard-core or single issue. That's why we lost. That and they can't see the connection between gun rights and free speech rights. For most of my voting life I swore I'd never be a single-issue voter. A little over a decade ago that changed rapidly, and I now am what was once unthinkable: a single-issue voter. I'm not sure if it's wisdom or insanity that comes with age. Maybe both.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2565 times
    Like them or dislike them, the NRA is still the most powerful pro-gun lobby in the world, and our best chance to preserve our 2a rights.
    I do think they need to stop trying to recruit or renew existing members by flooding our mailboxes, and put those resources into recruiting
    new members. I also think they need to pull the politics out of Amer. Rifleman and Amer. Hunter. They need to remember that there are a
    large number of gun owners who (misguided though they may be ) aren't on the conservative side of the aisle.
    The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who
    are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. ~ Samuel Adams

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9455 times
    I am sure that Wayne Lapierre will tell us in the next issue why we lost, and, start requesting additional donations for the 2016 race. The current membership rate is $35.00 per year, not, $25.00. I am a life time member (since 76) and I did vote. You would think that with 100 million owners, there would be more than 4 million NRA members. The latest DOJ stats show that there were 14.5 million back ground checks this year so far, compared to 9.5 million in 2009.

Attachment 40563
    Armd2DaTeeth and RichO like this.
    I strongly support gun control, how else are you going to hit anything?

USMC Military Police SRT 1976-1982
    LEO (Retired) 1982-2010
    NRA Life Member

In memory of Carlos "Whitefeather" Hathcock, miss you my friend.

Member #
    Liked
    16424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblackman View Post
    I am sure that Wayne Lapierre will tell us in the next issue why we lost, and, start requesting additional donations for the 2016 race. The current membership rate is $35.00 per year, not, $25.00. I am a life time member (since 76) and I did vote. You would think that with 100 million owners, there would be more than 4 million NRA members. The latest DOJ stats show that there were 14.5 million back ground checks this year so far, compared to 9.5 million in 2009.
    I think Wayne is the major problem with the NRA. He comes across as a shrill whacko who acts like this:

I'm sure a lot of shooters are put off by this.
    Wolf1477 likes this.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    8573 times
    I think that hits home to some even here Randy

Sponsored Links