Do you want to go out for dinner in Flint tonight?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gbusmech

Thread: Do you want to go out for dinner in Flint tonight?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20837 times

Do you want to go out for dinner in Flint tonight?

My wife asked me if I would like to go out for dinner with some friends? Sure I replied, Where? A place in Flint that is supposed to be good she replied. Well hold on while I arm my self, I'll be taking my .45 and 4 spare mags plus my 12 gauge Savage 30 and several boxes of buckshot. If going into a war zone it is best to be prepaired....

The latest facts on Flint Michigan;
    Violent crimes per 1,000: 23.4
    Population: 102,357
    2011 murders: 52
    Median income: $22,672
    Unemployment rate: 18.9%
    According to the FBI examined, no city with more than 100,000 residents had a higher violent crime rate than Flint. In 2011, there were 2,392 incidents of violent crime in Flint, which has a population just above 100,000. That same year, there were just 1,246 violent crimes in all 10 of the safest cities in America — which have 13 times as many residents as Flint among them. Flint has the second-highest murder rate and the highest rates of aggravated assault, burglary and arson in the nation. According to Flint Mayor Dayne Walling: “there are too many guns on the street and it’s easy for individuals with evil motives to take another human being’s life.” Though the violent crime has long been a problem in Flint, in 2010 the city laid off 20 of its 140 police officers, a decision that diminished both the police’s street presence and response times to crime.
    Denton likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    2221 times
    Hey, we're improving! Still on the list tho. St Louis #8 I think. To be honest with ya, never see it or hear of it.

Sarge
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

Member #
    Liked
    4010 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbusmech View Post
    My wife asked me if I would like to go out for dinner with some friends? Sure I replied, Where? A place in Flint that is supposed to be good she replied. Well hold on while I arm my self, I'll be taking my .45 and 4 spare mags plus my 12 gauge Savage 30 and several boxes of buckshot. If going into a war zone it is best to be prepaired....

The latest facts on Flint Michigan;
    Violent crimes per 1,000: 23.4
    Population: 102,357
    2011 murders: 52
    Median income: $22,672
    Unemployment rate: 18.9%
    According to the FBI examined, no city with more than 100,000 residents had a higher violent crime rate than Flint. In 2011, there were 2,392 incidents of violent crime in Flint, which has a population just above 100,000. That same year, there were just 1,246 violent crimes in all 10 of the safest cities in America — which have 13 times as many residents as Flint among them. Flint has the second-highest murder rate and the highest rates of aggravated assault, burglary and arson in the nation. According to Flint Mayor Dayne Walling: “there are too many guns on the street and it’s easy for individuals with evil motives to take another human being’s life.” Though the violent crime has long been a problem in Flint, in 2010 the city laid off 20 of its 140 police officers, a decision that diminished both the police’s street presence and response times to crime.
    My first response when I saw the question was: No!

Since I watch a lot of crime/news stories I would ask - has your wife taken out any life insurance policies on you lately? Just asking.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    12309 times
    I worry about y'all living up there.
    "It is when people forget GOD, that tyrants forge their chains." ~ Patrick Henry 1775

Member #
    Liked
    1131 times
    There's popular parts of Cincinnati I won't go to anymore, like Findlay Market. It's lauded as what a farmers-type market should be and has long been a weekend draw to a bad area, but after a running gun battle one busy Saturday morning last year, I told myself I'm done.
    Last edited by troutkiller; 08-23-2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: typo
    God wishes, the Devil expects.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I worry about y'all living up there.
    Thanks Denton, We hardly ever venture down into the city's at night and when we do we go with a group. The BG's usually stick to certain areas and If we do have to enter their domain it is "just passing through". One thing though the Michigan carry laws are are some of the best there are for the GG's....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    9171 times
    Flint... no thanks! I'm too old and weak to schlep in a proper weapons loadout!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hey, we're improving! Still on the list tho. St Louis #8 I think. To be honest with ya, never see it or hear of it.

Sarge

I grew up in STL and used to work in E St L.

Let's see. I was in an ice cream shop when it was robbed at gun point.
    I was robbed by 2 "minorities" with knives as a middle schooler
    I was robbed by 2 "minorities" with brass knuckles as a high schooler
    3 "minorities" dumped a stolen car outside our house and were going to light it on fire but my dad stopped them
    My 2nd day in E St L, a body was dumped at the company gate -- shot gun to the back of the head
    I was accosted several times on the way to / from karate class (not smart on their parts )

The list goes on. Oh, we lived 2 blocks from the police station and the chief of police was our next door neighbor.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30862 times
    That site is worthless. Kinda site airheads go to to find out the latest hollyrock gossip. I couldn't find "the list", but I'm wondering if Corpus Christi is on it? I know there's plenty of crime here, we're getting the hell out next week and moving to the woods in a month. Sold the house, outta here. I go armed 24/7 in the house, out of the house, all day, every way, always have two handguns on me, pocket 9 usually, and a .22 mini revolver for back up. I don't have to "arm up" when I leave. I arm up when I put my pants on.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    1803 times
    It's a damned shame when you witness a city deteriorate. Don't matter where. It's only a couple of years back, when my wife and I could drive down to Nueva Laredo on the Mexican side of the River, have a couple of cocktails and dinner, and stroll around and make an evening of it. And be perfectly safe. But not today, amigos, not today.

Member #
    Liked
    932 times
    Chuck,<BR>For many years, up into the late 1990's we used to fish on Party Boats out of Ensenada Baja California. It was about a 75 mile ride south of the border and made a great weekend of fishing and eating for little money. Never a thought about security, except being sure to lock the truck in TJ if we stopped to shop there on the way home. NOT any more. Armed gangs raid the vehicles parked in the fishing areas, Hotels get raided by 'fake&nbsp; cops'...and lots of drug deals cause shootings all along the way. I miss those days of 'safe' fun. too.<BR><BR><BR>For the Michigan guy... Try Tony's Diner up near Frankenmuth. The One Pound BLT has got to be seen to be believed. We love the place enough to drive 100 miles out of our way to stop there when visiting family in Brighton, Mich.
    Last edited by mayoral; 08-23-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Dad and GrandPa, Retired Educator, Roadfood.Com Moderator, BBQ Freak, Railfan, Firearms Collector, Not-So-Active Hunter. Getting Old Sucks.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links