Guess which restaurant defends right to bear arms!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Guess which restaurant defends right to bear arms!

Member #
    Liked
    13217 times

SOURCE:

WND EXCLUSIVE

Ad claims 2nd Amendment key to what makes this nation 'great'

DES MOINES, Iowa – While many retail businesses around the country have taken up the trend of plastering “no guns allowed” signs on their front doors, one national restaurant chain has boldly declared the right to bear arms key to what makes this nation “great.”
    Denny’s restaurants, a diner chain famous for being open every hour of every day, earlier this month released a commercial titled “Greatness,” which asks what makes America great, only to answer with – among other things – the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“Kids,” the father in the commercial asks after receiving a “Midwestern Meat & Potatoes Sandwich” he’s clearly admiring, “do you know what it is that makes this country great?
    “The Constitution our forefathers wrote?” asks his daughter in return.
    “Our unified belief in the American dream?” his son suggests.
    The other customers in the restaurant then get in on the act, while strains of patriotic music play in the background.
    “Our melting-pot heritage that proves our differences really are our strengths?” a man proposes.
    “It’s our right to bear arms!” insists an elderly lady, referring to the wording of the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment.
    “Yes!” says the father, clearly covering his embarrassment at the profundity of answers offered to his question, which he initially asked about his … sandwich. “Those are some of the great things I was thinking of, as well.”
    The commercial ends on a lighter note, with the man’s daughter holding up her teddy bear and asking in confused tone, “Bear arms?”
    The commercial itself can be seen below:

As WND reported, after the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., outside a Tucson Safeway supermarket last year, a number of businesses began banning guns in their stores, including Des Moines, Iowa, grocery chain Dahl’s Foods. WND was able to confirm that over a year later, despite public pressure, the gun ban at Dahl’s is still in effect.
    Other stores and national chains, such as Costo supermarkets and IKEA furniture stores, have similar gun bans in effect.
    Many 2nd Amendment advocates, however, argue that gun and concealed carry bans in stores will only stop law-abiding gun owners from carrying weapons, thus making the stores more dangerous.
    “I think it’s a terrible idea,” Iowa resident Jim Bricker told WND of the Dahl’s gun ban, “because if someone has it in their head to go in and rob a place, they’re going to do it. If permit holders are forbidden from carrying firearms in that store, [criminals] just have free rein to do anything they want.”
    “I just hate to see a local company shoot themselves in the foot for no good reason,” said Jan Mickelson of Iowa’s WHO Radio. “They say it’s about safety. It’s silly. Iowans don’t buy that. They’re protecting against the wrong people. … One guy called in and said, ‘Hey, if only I’d have known it was that easy. I had a relative who was shot in his retail store. If he’d only known that signs keep people safe, he’d have put up a sign and avoided the whole thing.’
    “It’s just silly logic,” Mickelson concluded.
    Denny’s is not among those retailers with a national ban on legally carried, concealed firearms

Member #
    Liked
    35213 times
    I haven't been to a Denny's in years, but that is great that they are wading into an issue that scares lots of other companies!
    smithlock and Armd2DaTeeth like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1041 times
    Looks like we'll be patronizing our local Denny's very soon !

Thanks, TD...
    Armd2DaTeeth and LongTermGuy like this.
    Reputation is about what people see you do. Character is about what you do when no one is looking. (by me)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30013 times
    Good to hear....now if the one nearest me will just hire a complete new staff I'd resume eating there.

Both the quality of the food & service went down the drain about two years ago...
    rodfair likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2877 times
    Glad to see someone stepping to the forefront of this "controversial" topic
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    6854 times
    You know, I have never visited a Denny's establishment before.
    Think I'll just wander into my local Denny's for a snack!
    Go Denny's!!
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry does not create solutions; they create customers!

Live an honest & decent life; & enjoy it. It does have an expiration date!

Member #
    Liked
    1137 times
    ...think I'll stick to Bob Evans.
    ozzy likes this.
    God wishes, the Devil expects.

Member #
    Liked
    5866 times
    Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    ...think I'll stick to Bob Evans.
    I'm with you on that one. Last time i went to Denny's, i couldn't tell if my server had poison ivy or was a heroin addict. And they were out of the potato bread that my sandwich was supposed to come on, just a bad breakfast overall. Bob Evan's hasn't been bad in all the trips i ever made.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    20281 times
    Great to see Denny's step up to the plate. They are hit or miss as far as food and service though. The one near my house is just fine. The one a few miles away is terrible.

Member #
    Liked
    7408 times
    Nice to see Denny's take a stand for America.

Unfortunately for me after I eat Denny's food I need to crazy glue myself to the toilet.
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links