Page 226 of 228 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2276
Like Tree2583Likes

Thread: White Castle???

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RVer View Post
    Good old White Castle. Grew up with one about six blocks from my house in Minneapolis. Actually there were several in the Twin Cities. I can remember when a slider with onion & pickle was 12¢ each and I think a cheese burger was 15¢. They were good and I could easily eat 8 to 12 of them and of course wash them down with Pepsi. Just don't buy the frozen ones at the stores, yuck. The 1st White Castle was opened in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921.
    I had my first White Castle slider with onion and a pickle, too ... in Minneapolis ... I think it was on Central Avenue back then (1960's). Perhaps a little sooner as mine was 9¢ at the time. I also remember signage in the parking lot that said, "White castle hamburgers are not made from dog meat." Whenever I am near a White Castle I have to stop ... the fish nibblers are great, too.
    glenwolde likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RVer View Post
    Good old White Castle. Grew up with one about six blocks from my house in Minneapolis. Actually there were several in the Twin Cities. I can remember when a slider with onion & pickle was 12¢ each and I think a cheese burger was 15¢. They were good and I could easily eat 8 to 12 of them and of course wash them down with Pepsi. Just don't buy the frozen ones at the stores, yuck. The 1st White Castle was opened in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921.
    I like the frozen ones at the store. They aren't as good as fresh ones, but I don't expect them to be. Driving an hour for sliders is kind of dopey. All I want on mine is the onions, I don't want the pickle, which ruins them, IMHO. They finally quit putting them on the frozen ones. I complained about them to WC many times, asking them to put the pickle slices in a separate bag so they could be tossed without contaminating the sliders. After years of them being on them, suddenly they were gone! Now if I could get Costco to bring back the fantastic garlic potato wedges they used to carry by writing to them...

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46574 times
    This weekend I think I will get the redhead step child Krystal Burgers while I am in Orlando. Never had them. Nearest White Castle is another 700 miles away from Orlando.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19570 times
    * sigh * Searched White Castle and Krystal locations, still nothing in New Mexico.

Member #
    Liked
    24727 times
    Well, I wasn't going to say anything because I felt like I was betraying White Castle, but last week when I was out cruising on my motorcycle, I stopped in Mt. Sterling KY and had Krystals.

They are good, but not quite as good as White Castles.

If I go north, I can get White Castles in Chillicothe OH, just up US23 from me. I keep saying I am going to do that.
    coopercdrkey likes this.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    2779 times
    Still the thread that never dies. I DO love me some White Castles. Or twenty.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19570 times
    One. More. Time!

This is the thread that never ends,
    it just goes on and on my friends!
    Some people started posting it not knowing what it was
    and they'll continue posting it forever, just because
    This is the thread that never ends,
    it just goes on and on my friends!

and so on, and so on, and so on......

To be sung to the tune, "This Is The Song That Never Ends," as performed by Lamb Chop and Charlie Horse.
    rodfair and kruizer like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    To my knowledge there are no White Castle Stores anywhere near me in the DFW area. However we food shop at the Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base and at the commissary they sell White Castle Burgers in the frozen food section, I just had a 2 pack. What I'm saying is, if any of you are retired military and have access to a base, that commissary just might be selling them too.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David

Member #
    Liked
    1554 times
    This week, in the frozen section of the local WalMart here in PA, I saw that beloved orange and white box. Frozen WC sliders, 12 or 24-pack. Mrs. Flash, who has never been that far away from home, was reluctant to try them so I'll just have to sneak a box in, now and then, for when she is too tired to cook - - or for me, when she is out with "the girls".
    Czechbikr and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10678 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to say anything because I felt like I was betraying White Castle, but last week when I was out cruising on my motorcycle, I stopped in Mt. Sterling KY and had Krystals.

They are good, but not quite as good as White Castles.

If I go north, I can get White Castles in Chillicothe OH, just up US23 from me. I keep saying I am going to do that.
    I'd just swing over to I-75 and stop in Covington for Sky Line Chili- a 3-way beats either White Castle or Krystal hands down...

(Plus this got the thread bumped to the top one more time!)
    Last edited by coopercdrkey; 08-04-2019 at 04:03 AM.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Sponsored Links