Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2251
Like Tree2573Likes

Thread: White Castle???

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1017 times

When in Allentown.......

Left N.C. at 2am this morning for home in P.A. Round about 11am, when passing thru Allentown, I just had to stop. Picked up a dozen. 6 for me for the remainder of the ride and 6 to give to the wife upon my arrival home. She promptly reheated hers and was quite pleased.

Name:  P4100004.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  661.4 KBName:  P4100012.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  692.9 KB

Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Article I, Section 21:
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned"

Clinging to my Guns and Bible

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27022 times
    Only 6???
    Czechbikr and Mark40 like this.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1017 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Only 6???
    Actually the wife only ate four, so mid afternoon, she gifted me two more. An hour later I had two Tums.
    Czechbikr, rodfair and RVer like this.

Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Article I, Section 21:
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned"

Clinging to my Guns and Bible

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    453 times
    They've been in Chicago forever. Their 'Impossible Burger' - a non-meat product- is actually pretty darn tasty.

For me after eating a bunch of 'em, three hours later I wish I had a dog I could blame the farts on - lol. The environmentalists can blame cows for methane production, but they have nothing on White Castles.
    Mark40 likes this.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10530 times
    Not a derailment so much as a brief visit to a side spur-

There was a bar / restaurant out in the Berkshires somewhere close to Dalton, MA, that served platters full of the hot dog equivalent to White Castle burgers. You could order them with whatever dressings you wanted. Our crew was partial to a heaping mound of chili dogs apes ski. Good stuff, good times, good memories.

Now, back to the main track....
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13246 times
    Main Track or mainline?
    coopercdrkey likes this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 18

Member #
    Liked
    341 times
    I'm one of those lucky people who even at Social Security age can eat greasy sliders, fish, fries, etc and nothing happens. I mean nothing. It puts my guts to sleep like I had taken some sort of pill to stop it from doing about anything. Last week, I had my monthly Long John Silver's fix, 2 pieces of fish, 6 shrimp with 6 more added, the hush puppies, and extra fries instead of the slaw(I wouldn't touch slaw with a 10 foot pole!), washed down by what I consider the ultimate drink, Pepsi. I had it at 11am, I didn't eat again until about 3am the next morning. It's hilarious that greasy stuff is no problem, but if I eat oatmeal more than one time a week or so, it tears me up. I used to eat Maypo when I was a kid and I had all kinds of cramps and stuff and my mother couldn't figure out what was going on until she forgot to buy Maypo and I was ok. As soon as the Maypo started being eaten again, my problems would return. All these years later, oatmeal and oats in general gives me cramps if I eat it repeatedly. One time a week is ok. I don't understand it, but it's the reality of it. When I posted about about going to Ann Arbor for sliders, I went and had 10 of them along with a load of fries and they don't even give me gas.
    RVer and pegasus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    688 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Memiram View Post
    I'm one of those lucky people who even at Social Security age can eat greasy sliders, fish, fries, etc and nothing happens. I mean nothing. It puts my guts to sleep like I had taken some sort of pill to stop it from doing about anything. Last week, I had my monthly Long John Silver's fix, 2 pieces of fish, 6 shrimp with 6 more added, the hush puppies, and extra fries instead of the slaw(I wouldn't touch slaw with a 10 foot pole!), washed down by what I consider the ultimate drink, Pepsi. I had it at 11am, I didn't eat again until about 3am the next morning. It's hilarious that greasy stuff is no problem, but if I eat oatmeal more than one time a week or so, it tears me up. I used to eat Maypo when I was a kid and I had all kinds of cramps and stuff and my mother couldn't figure out what was going on until she forgot to buy Maypo and I was ok. As soon as the Maypo started being eaten again, my problems would return. All these years later, oatmeal and oats in general gives me cramps if I eat it repeatedly. One time a week is ok. I don't understand it, but it's the reality of it. When I posted about about going to Ann Arbor for sliders, I went and had 10 of them along with a load of fries and they don't even give me gas.
    I had to google what maypo was shows my age. I have never heard of it. But now going to have to find it somewhere. Never seend it down here in the souf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RVer likes this.

Member #
    Summer Brainerd Lakes, MN / Winter Tres. Coast, FL
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Memiram View Post
    Good old White Castle. Grew up with one about six blocks from my house in Minneapolis. Actually there were several in the Twin Cities. I can remember when a slider with onion & pickle was 12¢ each and I think a cheese burger was 15¢. They were good and I could easily eat 8 to 12 of them and of course wash them down with Pepsi. Just don't buy the frozen ones at the stores, yuck. The 1st White Castle was opened in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921.
    Mark40 and pegasus like this.
    Vietnam Veteran '65 -'71 Volunteer EAA, Oshkosh, WI - 33 years
    "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." Mark Twin
    "A lie doesn't become the truth just because people believe it." unknown
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again". unknown

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RVer View Post
    Good old White Castle. Grew up with one about six blocks from my house in Minneapolis. Actually there were several in the Twin Cities. I can remember when a slider with onion & pickle was 12¢ each and I think a cheese burger was 15¢. They were good and I could easily eat 8 to 12 of them and of course wash them down with Pepsi. Just don't buy the frozen ones at the stores, yuck. The 1st White Castle was opened in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921.
    Try to find a White Castle in Wichita now!
    https://www.kansas.com/news/local/article1063647.html

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 18

Sponsored Links