Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Thank You To All Of Ya'll

Member #
    Liked
    7408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Armd2DaTeeth View Post
    This needed to be posted today.

I have left many websites in the past because of all of the drama, attitudes, personal attacks, misinformation, and unrelenting hate for anything Taurus.

The best way to be a good forum member is to Like those you agree with and have a sane, civil, conversation with those you don't (Perhaps they might have a better way of thinking about or seeing something you don't?).

The difference in this site and those is you people.

Ya'll are here ready to help with hard won life experiences, a kind word, or a pray where needed.

Agreed, I am pleasantly surprised by the lack of brand bashing and the honest and open minded advice on this forum.
    Armd2DaTeeth and MilProGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyFoFaad View Post
    Yeah, yeah Michael, that's all well & good ... but you still haven't told us what you're gonna do with that big hog you shot!

Bill Attachment 14410

The Hog(black sow in the picture)I shot yielded 30-40 pounds of meat.

Some was cut into hams some of it was shredded and made into "Pulled Pork" sandwiches.

The Realtors at the office I work at have a Summer Shindig at the Broker's business partner's place we cook up Venison,Boar & Sow, Fried 'Gator & Yellow Lake Erie Perch, BBQ Chicken & Ribs, Angus steak Burgers, 1/4 pound Hot Dogs & Skinless Sausage, with all the trimmings.

We feed about 20-70 people(friends & family of the Realtors) at one of these gatherings and they seem to get biggier every year.

In short there is a very,very little in our deep freeze but mostly it is already eaten.

Thank You for asking Bill.
    An armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein)

GOD is Great and Guns are Good(Lynard Skynard)

True Happiness is a warm .357 Mag/.38 Spec,.45 ACP,.45 LC/.410 or 12 Gauge and an ice cold Sundrop Cola.(Luvs.357)

The first one through the door gets the copper coated candy.(Andy the gunshop owner Dawn Of The Dead)

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.(Frank Loesser)

Member #
    Liked
    2221 times
    Ya know it always amazed me how much of a hogs weight is not meat. I posted about a 600 pounder shot in Texas. That was not dressed out, just hanging there. Dressed out to a dang whopping little over 100 pounds of meat tho. One freak of a hog. Skull was super thick, hide was like four or five layers of leather. Had to keep sharpening the knife. Then the meat tasted bad. The farmer paid us for him tho so it was ok.

Sarge
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    I'm new also but being a Taurus owner some folks just haven't come around yet, there loss! I personally own many brands and enjoy them all. Carry on.
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GunsandNoses View Post
    Agreed, I am pleasantly surprised by the lack of brand bashing and the honest and open minded advice on this forum.
    The lack of brand bashing, and the friendly, open-minded people on this forum keeps me coming back time and again, and again, and again, and again...
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    10373 times
    Glad to have you here.
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. Josh Billings
    One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. Bob Marley
    To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens. Adolf Hitler
    I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Ditto ... I'm relatively new to the gun blogs but this is the best of the ones I look at - informative, cordial, and good natured. Always enjoy browsing it and absorbing the wisdom and experience of many far more expert than me. Just like Taurus, a great value - !
    In principle, principle and practice are the same, but in practice, they're not

PT-745 / PT-138 / Judge Public Defender / Walther PPK / Glock 36 / Sig P238 / Bersa Firestorm .22LR

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links