Favorite B movie?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Favorite B movie?

Member #
    Liked
    2221 times

Favorite B movie?

I'm a B or lower grade movie nut for some reason. Most of the time they give you lots to laugh at even if the movie is meant to be serious.

My favorite is one called "Suck". No it is not X rated! It's a vampire/band movie. Basically a band is playing their hearts out but not going anywhere. The lead female goes on a date and comes back as a vampire. The movie chronicles the trip across country from Canada to New York for a possible record contract. Along the way the chick tries to cover up the fact she is a vampire but slowly turns each other member into one as well. Except Hugo the French Canadian roadie. He (in a homage to Dracula) plays in essence Igor. The more members are vampires the better they do.

Some of the highlights are surprising considering it is a low budget flick are the appearances of Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop, Moby, Henry Rollins and Malcolm McDowell. A lot of scenes may grab you if you listened to old rock as they sneak album covers into the film all over the place. For example close to the beginning the band crosses the street in a scene much like the Beatles with the crosswalk (think that was Abbey Roads but I'm not sure as I do not like the Beatles), there's one from the Who and Springsteen. There are a few scenes that go all the way back to Robert Johnson and the legend of him signing a pact with the devil there to become a star. He makes very little money performing and died early. After he had passed away his music went big. Gotta read the fine print.

The border crossing scene of Malcolm is funny as heck to me. He is coming from Canada to America. The Border Guard asks, "Nationality?" and he replies, "American". Border Guards asks, "Got any weapons?" and he answers along the lines of "Sure, a lot of them of every kind." The Border Guard smiles and says "Welcome to America!".

They all end up human again but Alice turns out to be an ancient vamp and gives them a choice of either he kills them or they become vamps again. Their question? Can we get the band back together?

Sarge
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8353 times
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre. And the Town the Dreaded Sundown. Both great drive in movies.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    2406 times
    Strange Brew.
    Sarge and camaro*73 like this.
    That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear!

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31672 times
    Night of the Comet was pretty good. Dawn of the Dead was too.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1546 times
    Evil Dead trilogy.
    A-TEAM 513 and Sarge like this.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    U.S. Navy (92-97)
    USS Alabama (SSBN 731) blue crew
    USS Philadelphia (SSN 690)

Member #
    Liked
    35942 times
    Skeeter. Although to be fair it probably ought to be a C movie, if there were such a thing.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    10371 times
    Black Dynamite

Member #
    Liked
    1041 times
    Thunder Road. Dated, but a cult following in its time.

Member #
    Liked
    1761 times
    Spider Baby or, The Maddest Story Ever Told, 1968, starring Lon Chaney Jr. (the original wolfman) perhaps needing the work to put food on the table, Jill Banner (died tragically at age 35) steals the show, somehow it works.

Member #
    Liked
    12325 times
    Hands down, no bout a doubt it - Army of Darkness with Bruce Campbell.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links