This REALY P#$%@$ me off! Rant - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: This REALY P#$%@$ me off! Rant

Member #
    Liked
    5533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    No. I asked Tracfone back when I still used them. The lady laughed and said they lose way more money from drug dealers who buy a phone and then ditch it. Or the ones who figure out how to rig up false codes and get free air time over and over.

If someone on the program wants or needs extra minutes and she said they usually do, they have to buy them. It is a discounted cost but they still make a profit on those minutes. So figure the profit they make on our minutes. Plus the company gets a tax deduction for the program but supposedly it is very small in proportion.

Sarge
    Ah..well then. Thanks for the clarification on that. My blood pressure will thank you too. LOL

Member #
    Liked
    5355 times
    What really frosts my cucumber is when I see entitlement receipents who can't even speak a
    word of English! I see this quite often when I go grocery shopping, people from south of the border
    paying for groceries with government checks and WIC vouchers. I have my suspicions about most
    of them being legally here in the first place. If our government is going to hand out taxpayer money
    for doing nothing except sitting, it should at least give it to American citizens first!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27045 times
    Miss Kitty...been there done that...got the t-shirt on all your rants...when the hurricanes came through here years ago, we got hit by three within, i think it was 6 weeks....I applied for emergency money...made too much......but neighbors were getting generators etc from the gubmint etc.... I went out hunting for luxury food for the family...we had our stockpile so we were ok...but was pretty miserable....came home with KRISPY KREMES...rationed to 12/customer. 1/4 mile from the house, there was a power company from michigan, we are in fl, putting in new power poles and cables....I stopped and asked them how long...they said by the end of the day.....I gave them the Krispy Kremes!... Then went home made 2 pots of coffee on the BBQ and took that up to them. We had power back in 3 hrs after being without for 11 days.
    Their need was greater than ours.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfarmer View Post
    What really frosts my cucumber
    I nearly choked on my dinner when I read this! LOL

Member #
    Liked
    5533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Miss Kitty...been there done that...got the t-shirt on all your rants...when the hurricanes came through here years ago, we got hit by three within, i think it was 6 weeks....I applied for emergency money...made too much......but neighbors were getting generators etc from the gubmint etc.... I went out hunting for luxury food for the family...we had our stockpile so we were ok...but was pretty miserable....came home with KRISPY KREMES...rationed to 12/customer. 1/4 mile from the house, there was a power company from michigan, we are in fl, putting in new power poles and cables....I stopped and asked them how long...they said by the end of the day.....I gave them the Krispy Kremes!... Then went home made 2 pots of coffee on the BBQ and took that up to them. We had power back in 3 hrs after being without for 11 days.
    Their need was greater than ours.
    I just want you to know that I had to read this 3 times to understand what you were trying to say here. I got to Krispy Kremes and my brain lost all power.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27045 times
    Plain English for me...did you press #1?
    Or was it the KK's that got to you?
    I love going into a KK store and watching the process!

Member #
    Liked
    5533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Plain English for me...did you press #1?
    Or was it the KK's that got to you?
    I love going into a KK store and watching the process!
    We don't have a Krispy Kreme store here (thank god for that) but when I go to visit my kids they have one there and I have to keep my truck from turning into the parking lot.

Member #
    Liked
    2221 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfarmer View Post
    What really frosts my cucumber is when I see entitlement receipents who can't even speak a
    word of English! I see this quite often when I go grocery shopping, people from south of the border
    paying for groceries with government checks and WIC vouchers. I have my suspicions about most
    of them being legally here in the first place. If our government is going to hand out taxpayer money
    for doing nothing except sitting, it should at least give it to American citizens first!
    Some of those may be legally entitled to the services despite your dislike for the system. But a number are probably welfare cheats and that is a persistent, I might even be tempted to say chronic problem. It most likely started shortly after the program was begun oh so many years ago.

Once again we run into not enough oversight for the program BUT do we really want that many folks peering into our lives? That clerk sitting at the desk may indeed have the power and ability to do deeper research and eliminate many of the cheats. But that clerk also has to deal with the huge line on waiting folks who do qualify and depend on the program. His or her manager will not permit overtime as the program is always at the budgets limit as it is. Then along comes another gov cut and one of the first place they cut is that system.

The welfare system is an impossibility to begin with. We either fund and staff it properly to do the job correctly and hope it is cheaper than what we have now. Or we eliminate it and remove a lot of help for elders, the folks who work the scut jobs that don't pay a living wage, disabled and such. In essence we become Sparta. Or we live with it and hope to catch enough with the understaffed research staff to persuade more folks to not try it. But when you have doctors and insurance companies willing to assist in the defrauding of the system, it is a losing battle.

For example my wife is in a workers comp battle with a company she worked for and our lawyer sent us to a doctor (I use the term against my better judgment) down in the city. My basic research showed the gent had graduated med school 62 years ago. He would be 82 or older then. But he had zero customer recommendations and no hospital had ever heard of him despite being a surgeon.

We check in and begin our paperwork. We watched three folks walk in, check in and leave. I was standing at the counter when one did so (she was very definitely a "working" girl) and saw the clerk annotate her file that she had been there for a one hour visit. In addition she was handed a bottle of meds over the counter despite a sign that meds were not dispensed on the facilities as they didn't have the license to do so.

Our lawyer tried to deny that he knew this sort of stuff was going on but it was a weak attempt. He did finally change our doc when I told him I was calling the place in. And when I did so the response I got was lukewarm at best. Might have had better luck calling a news station.

If you can fix it, please do. It is supposedly under constant research for ways and method to fix it with so far no real good answers.

Sarge
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

Member #
    Liked
    35840 times
    All the way back in the 70's we went on welfare for 4 months while going through some changes. I still remember, after 2 months sitting down with my wife and going over finances... what with food stamps and housing assistance and unemployment insurance we had twice the spendable income that we'd had when I was working.
    So now I'm sitting here, scratching my head, and trying to figure out why I spent the last 40 years working for a living.
    OK, there's self respect. Can't think of anything else. Coulda done a whole lot of fishing in those 40 years.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    1546 times
    People like that just burn my a**. It's the reason when hard working people hit a time of need you find it almost impossible to get. They are the reason you have to get attorneys involved. If she can yak on a cell phone all day sounds like she can work at a call center and get off the system and make room for legit people in need. Sorry for the rant but when i hear or see the system being abused it really gets me upset.
    MissKitty likes this.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    U.S. Navy (92-97)
    USS Alabama (SSBN 731) blue crew
    USS Philadelphia (SSN 690)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links