What would you do?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

What would you do?

You accidentally cut some guy off. Your wife is in the car. At the stop light, he gets out with a bat and starts hitting your car. Your carrying. Do you: try and drive away--get on the cell to the police--wait until he hits the windshield or the window next to you or your wife to pull--get out and pull--give your wife the gun, get out to confront and hope it resolves or that your wife uses it if he starts hitting you with bat---more options??

Member #
    Liked
    283 times

Re: What would you do?

well the police will probably tell you to drive off, obviously you can't sit there.. thats not a option you have to do something..

if he's right on top of your car you may never get out before being cracked in the head and yes a crack to the head with a baseball back can very well kill you.

i'd take down his license plat number before i drove off, but i'd stay close enough that i'd see the general direction he went in.

i'd probably even follow him till the cops caught up..

i really dont know how it would go down or what i would do..

i suppose if he went for the windshield im gonna respond with bullets.
    maybe with or without a warning.

i sure as hell would'nt get out to talk to the guy, thats for sure.
    If you can't shoot well, shoot often.

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

Just leave. Call 911. Give a description of your car and his. Let the leos and the insurance companies sort it out.

NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by paulrabe78
    Just leave. Call 911. Give a description of your car and his. Let the leos and the insurance companies sort it out.
    +1

Member #
    Liked
    283 times

ya.. my deducible is 500 bucks.. the lowest i've ever seen it was 250.. this means anything under 500 bucks i have to eat out of my own pocket.

if im gonna eat a 500 dollar bill i sure as well want him caught.

oh and anytime you file a claim with your insurance almost always your rates will go up.

Ace
    Member #
    Liked
    686 times

A couple years back there was an incident in seattle on the West Seattle bridge where you had a road rage incident like this a guy pulled out a bat and headed for the other guy and started beating the car with it. He had a CHL and he kept a .357 in the glove box. The tricky part was that witnesses stated that as soon as the gun came out the guy with the bat turned around as if to run but that was the moment the guy with the .357 shot him. After a thorough investigation the police determined it was self defense, but as you can imagine the kind of hell that man went through. Plus the man with the bat died so there was a ver expensive civil suit with the next of kin. Kind of makes that 500 deductible and increased insurance rate seem trite, don't it. Property is one thing but he is committing assault with a deadly weapon, so you have to judge accordingly if your life is in danger.

Member #
    Liked
    283 times

i agree with you ace, its' tricky because on one hand the guy is just destroying property but obviously he's going ape shit with a baseball bat (which can easily kill if hit in the head), it's not to far of a stretch to expect he'll be hitting you next the guys obviously outta control.. so it's a tricky situation.

im not saying i would shoot him over a 500 dollar deductible im saying i would stay close enough by to make sure he was caught.. but on the other hand if he was to attack the windshield i'd have to let loose i think, i've drivin many cars with cracked windshields but completely smashed windshields are almost impossible to drive because of the safety glass you can't see much of anything, to floor the car and drive blinding is wreckless to other drivers and pedestrians.

not only that but going for the windshield i would take as a much more aggressive attack then smashing my head lights out.

every situations different though.

Member #
    Liked
    2313 times

If there is the option to drive away, by law, you must use that option.

But as joesixpack stated, every situation is different.
    In Loving Memory---Anthony 10/12/1998 - 3/26/2010

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

This is one of those situations where it would depend on my ability to escape. If I wasn't convinced I could sucessfully escape, I'd defend my life and health. I'm too stove-up to run and I have too much depending on me to spend the rest of my life as a vegetable.

http://cbs4.com/local/Road.Rage.Crime.2.397080.html
    Miami Road Rage Victim Recovers From Coma
    The Victim Is Still Recovering At Jackson Memorial Hospital
    One Of Cornejo's Charges Is Attempted Murder
    Nadia Singh
    MIAMI (CBS4 News) ― Barely able to speak and barely able to move, Roberto Rodriguez awoke from his coma this week and uttered some words to our television cameras Wednesday as he sat next to his wife at Jackson Memorial Hospital - the victim of a near-fatal road rage beating.

He told signaled to his wife that he would make it out fine, though the damage that was allegedly caused by suspect David Cornejo is great. Cornejo was charged with two counts of attempted first degree murder, one count aggravated battery with a motor vehicle and one count aggravated battery. He is the suspect that left a 65-year-old Rodriguez critically injured.

Officials say the suspect exited his vehicle this weekend carrying a triangular ruler and struck Mr. Rodriguez on the arm and drove off. At SW 67 Avenue and 5th Terrace, Cornejo plowed his car directly into the front of Rodriguez's car, proceeded to exit his vehicle for a second time and then assaulted Rodriguez by striking him in the head with the same metal ruler repeatedly, leaving Mr. Rodriguez unconscious. The passenger in the victim's car was also struck with the ruler, but his injuries were minor.

Police found Mr. Rodriguez bleeding, critically injured. The victim underwent extensive cranial surgery.
    (© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
    Most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks because it usually comes dressed in over-alls and looks like work!

Member #
    Liked
    6854 times

I just read this thread by dcicero. All the comments were very
    good, & food for thought. But, I had just one question:
    was this an actual incident; or a hypothetical situation?
    I was just wondering about that.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry does not create solutions; they create customers!

Live an honest & decent life; & enjoy it. It does have an expiration date!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links