What would you do? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: What would you do?

The guy in that video was striking with such force that sheetmetal was folding like aluminum foil! I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I saw a rear-seat occupant when he shattered the right rear doorglass.

With an attack like that coming from out of nowhere, I can't say I'd have reacted differently from the driver of the PT Cruiser. Other than the fact I'd have jumped the curb and run over the newspaper dispensers to get the heck out of there!
    Most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks because it usually comes dressed in over-alls and looks like work!

44M

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

that`s a joke, it`s staged, what would I do? run him over with the car, what else...
    Db

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

It's important to realize, the laws governing what you can legally do vary from state to state. In my state I believe it would be legal, as long as you were percieved as being in harms way from the individual. I'm not saying that should or would be the first option, but you have the state behind you.

I think I would try and run him over first off. If not, I would make a mess out of the cars around me. If he's still pounding after that, then I think it might be fair game.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by 44M
    that`s a joke, it`s staged
    It may have been staged, but judging from the screaming, I don't think the occupants of the PT Cruiser were in on the "joke".
    Most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks because it usually comes dressed in over-alls and looks like work!

Member #
    wichita soon to be the great state of montana
    Liked
    1 times

i would have to say in the 1st senario if a guy is going to jump out of a car with a ball bat at a stop light, you would see him exiting his vehicle. i would just drive away! if i had my 3 little girls in the car at the time no matter what was happening i would find a way to leave because i would never want my babies to experience that kind of violence or see me in a statE of such anger of trying to defend from such violence, so i would drive over anything i needed to to get my girls away from the situation.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I live in Missouri, but I'm from Texas, hence the name. I believe in both states I have the right to defend my property. If I was faced with this situation, and could drive away. I would drive about 50 yards and then get out to see if the guy is so crazy he would follow me. If he started to follow me, I would draw on him.

If I wasn't able to get away, as soon as I realized that he was coming after me/my car with a bat I would jump out and draw on him.

Either way, hopefully he would not like the feeling of looking down the barrel of my 1911, and have a life changing experience and realize life is to short to get pissed off in traffic and get shot over it. Then he would go on to tell others not engage in such behaviors, thus changing the world for the better. The end.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by joe sixpack
    i think maybe we need a visual aid.. im sure some of you have seen this clip..
    been around for a few years i heard it was on the bumfights dvd.. i never seen it so i dunno..
    supposedly he's in las vegas.. i also heard this was staged, and while the location of an accessable pipe does give the impression that it was planed i dont think the people in the car was in on it.

have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjUNFc6liDU

this is pretty much what i in vision as the situation as was originally posted this is what popped into my head.
    Damn. I've seen this video a few times before. And it disturbs me no less each time I see it. I've always wished I would have been in one of the cars surrounding the pt cruiser, so I could have blind sidded this SOB. I'm not advocating vigilani-ism or anything, but I honestly believe this is one of those cases were a jury would not convict an on looker for shooting this idiot in the head.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links