• 2 Post By jonrjen
  • 1 Post By CJS3

Thread: Working from Home

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18421 times

Working from Home

Our A/C crashed and burned yesterday, so out comes the "Home Warranty" info and we called to see if we've been wasting our money. 1-800 number got us in touch with a call center operator. She got our info and gave us the time and day for a tech to come out and, hopefully, get the a/c back up and running. As we were saying our goodbys we were treated to the sound of chickens from her end of the line. My wife and I busted up laughing (we were on speaker phone). Just goes to show you as long as you've got internet access, you're a call center.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12695 times
    Thats hilarious.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22302 times
    "I'm sorry, may I put you on hold for a minute?" (She doesn't.) "Honey! I think the fox is trying to get in the hen house again! Could you grab the shotgun and check? I'm working. Thank you for holding. Now, where were we?"
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    That's too funny. In all reality, as long as I can communicate my issues across and get service, I couldn't care less about chickens in the background. Heck, might even make for more entertaining of a call
    jtg452 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20216 times
    I hope this is not a sign or premonition of the "chicken poop" reason that they are not extending coverage to repair or replacement of your AC system. Yes, I jest!!!

I carry a "Home Warranty" on my daughters house that we sold her. Honestly they have been very good in extending coverage to repairs needed. It has paid for itself every year to date.
    jtg452 and CJS3 like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    I hope this is not a sign or premonition of the "chicken poop" reason that they are not extending coverage to repair or replacement of your AC system. Yes, I jest!!!

I carry a "Home Warranty" on my daughters house that we sold her. Honestly they have been very good in extending coverage to repairs needed. It has paid for itself every year to date.
    Got my fingers crossed with that possibility too.

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    7212 times
    Hope you get your A/C back on line soon. this is a bad part of the year to be with out it.

Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    "I'm sorry, may I put you on hold for a minute?"

Hello, Direct TV customer service how may I help you? (with Indian accent)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post

Well not 100% covered, but my copay was less than $500 on a new condenser, coil in the attic, freon (do they still call it that), and labor. The condenser by itself would have run $2K, so the home warranty was definitely worth the monthly cost. We've also used it for our stove, and for an unrelated A/C repair last summer. Now if the techs can just get the parts in a timely manner. 95 degree days are gettin old with just fans.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    5258 times
    Chickens? Well that's a new dimension in multi-tasking.

Sponsored Links