In the market for a mower
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: In the market for a mower

Member #
    Liked
    1333 times

In the market for a mower

I was wondering if any of Our members in Texas know what time of the year stores start clearance pricing their mowers.
    My current mower probably won't hold together through the next mowing season and I'm looking to replace it with a 42" zero turn mower but don't want to pay the prices they command right now.
    silverstring likes this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12695 times
    Not sure, imagine there may be some black friday deals - so maybe Dec to Feb.
    brojohn likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22302 times
    ^ ^ ^ What silverstring said. ^ ^ ^ The Lowe's near my place has corralled their remaining inventory of grills and smokers and are posting slightly reduced sale prices on them. I'm guessing the prices will drop even farther as we get into autumn.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1333 times
    I doubt there will be any in store black Friday sales this year, I wouldn't go anyway so as to maintain social distancing.
    brojohn and jonrjen like this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    559 times
    There will be plenty of “Black Friday” sales. The difference is that the items will be sold on line and the buyer will arrange for pick-up at stores of large items. The usual items that can be shipped will be delivered as usual. Black Friday is such a huge day for retailers that they will do what they have to to generate the business.

Member #
    Liked
    2900 times
    Check with your local John Deere dealer. They will be having something going on soon.
    RickyRed likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    X2 on the Deere. I’m on my third season with my 42 inch no problems.

Member #
    Liked
    2449 times
    First, put on your N-95 mask, so you won't give too much away.

Then, go to your local John Deere dealer and browse a bit. When the sales guy comes over, say quietly, " I know you keep close watch on all your competition, and I was wondering if you knew when the Toro dealer over on the Boulevard does his biggest price drop for the winter on these mowers, because I am going to be in the market and I would like you to tell me when is the best time to hit him."

And if he doesn't make you one of the best end-of-model-year offers you've ever thought possible, go over to the Toro dealer on the Boulevard and ask HIM the same.

Be sure to wear your mask - - Covid-19, ya' know.

It helps if you are "retired" and have time to spend. It's amazing what kind of deals you can stir up.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14720 times
    Hustler FastTrack Super Duty 60” cut (3 blades) Purchased 6/10/11, the church owns this, it cuts 2.5 acres every week, it is operated by volunteers, in other words the maintenance has been spotty at best. However, it is still doing a great job and the only major problems have consisted of blade spindle bearings. We have replaced each set once.
    Our son also owns one. He mows an acre and has done nothing except normal maintenance, it’s 5 years old. My wife says a Hustler will be our next mower. I will probably die before it does.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Member #
    Liked
    20216 times
    ZTR mowers don't really see too much discounts around here from what I've seen. I did notice that Atwoods Farm/Ranch currently has $400 of any ZTR Husqvarna.

I thought that my CubCadet Commercial ZTR was going to die a few months ago. Like me it has some age on it, but, all it took was a bigger hammer wack to get things back in order.

I just picked up a pre-pleasured Mahindra Max 22 HST with a front end loader. It's a 2014 model year with only 35 hours on the meter. Figure I will buy a 3 point finish mower for it and give my SIL my Cadet when they move into their new house later this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links