Massad Ayoob article on riots, mobs, and potential for violence in mass gatherings - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Massad Ayoob article on riots, mobs, and potential for violence in mass gatherings

Member #
    Liked
    7212 times
    Good read, well worth the the time.

Member #
    Liked
    9760 times
    A lot of great advice in that article ! Avoid the mobs and you are usually better off fighting someone on your own turf if you have to fight !
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    33013 times
    Better judged by 12 than carried by 6 is the refrain. But, best not to let yourself get into a situation where you must shoot in the first place. If you have to shoot, you've opened up the legal hornet's nest.

Besides, who really wants to take a life? Sure, I can't stand communists (aka democrats), but I don't wanna take a life, either. I'd rather BE the one getting shot. At least I'd be safe from the charges and I'd have no blood on my hands other than my own. The main reason I carry is to protect my wife.

I mean, I don't have that many years left. I'd as soon meet Jesus with one less sin to confess. I already don't know that I can remember everything to confess and if I did, I'd be there confessing for quite a while. But, if threatened, I'm afraid my mind would go into full on mad dog mode. I have quite a temper I have to fight.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4345 times
    Three words to live by: Avoidance Deterrence De-escalation

Member #
    Liked
    1161 times
    I love short, impact sentences, as I love this one when Ayoob is referring to 'mutually agreed combat':

"..The horizontal one will go to the hospital or the grave and the vertical one goes to jail..".
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

Member #
    Liked
    6068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Three words to live by: Avoidance Deterrence De-escalation
    While that is usually the best course, the de-escalation doesn't seem to work with the rioters when they decide to assault.
    De-escalation is normally thru conversation.....now it looks like like it needs to be thru superior firepower!

Member #
    Liked
    5075 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    While that is usually the best course, the de-escalation doesn't seem to work with the rioters when they decide to assault.
    De-escalation is normally thru conversation.....now it looks like like it needs to be thru superior firepower!
    Maybe, but when you start shooting into a crowd with a drum fed AK, lawyers, loss of money, steel bars, and the talking point of the week for all major media outlets are going to quickly follow. You might want to work on your superior avoidance skills first.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    30248 times
    I really don't understand why anyone wishing to protest would put themselves in jeopardy by being with a crowd that included rioters, arsonists and looters. When the town around you is burning to the ground because of the actions of people within your group, then you're going to be guilty by association.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    1161 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    Or superior numbers.
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Thanks for sharing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links