Hurricane Isaias - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hurricane Isaias

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    30276 times
    Getting the remnants of the tropical storm here in Eastern PA. today. Some wind, but not bad. The rain however is coming down in droves. I imagine the Jersey shore, about 90 miles east of here, is getting hit pretty hard.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    7217 times
    Hope everybody on the East coast stays safe.

Member #
    Liked
    4559 times
    We got some rain the other day -- the weather on TV was trying to whip everyone into a frenzy "A very serious time ... a storm during a difficult pandemic"

Hey whatever happened to names that you can pronounce? Could we have ... I don't know ... Hurricane Gus or Hurricane Sue - Hurricane Bob - Hurricane Dot for Pete's sake.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35277 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Terribly sorry old boy , let help you with this.
    You can't predict where a hurricane will go or how strong it will be. Any guess you make you quantify this at the end of your guess. Up until a few years ago, hurricanes were named only for woman as woman can change her mind at anytime. The political correct liberal fools made them include male names to hurricanes.
    How obtuse is it to name a storm after a Spanish boy that most can not pronounce or know of? Why would you do that?
    What, you're worried it won't come when you call?

Does it really matter if it's mispronounced?

I miss the days when there was enough time to actually care about trivial crap like this. Our cities are burning. A senile fool who has boasted on camera about his corruption is a presidential nominee. They can name the hurricane for all I care.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47774 times
    Late to the party, storm killed my weekend work. Everyone was freaking out. We hardly got any wind or rain from it. The West side of the storm was pretty clean, the East side got pretty beat up.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    30325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kruizer View Post
    What is this hurricane thing you speak of? We don't seem to have those here.
    Like a Blizzard, but only a bit warmer.
    BigBlue likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    30276 times
    Surprisingly my town ended up with 6" of rain and wind gusts up to 60 mph from the storm. Many car rescues in town due to flooded roads, sinkholes and even a landslide onto a roadway. Power went out for a short time and the backup generator kicked on meanwhile.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    2118 times
    I always wonder how a little hurricane can cause so much trouble up the east coast. We don't even worry until it gets to a CAT3.
    Then I put it in perspective When I think of what happens here when we get one inch of snow.
    Dukakis by a landslide
    I did not have relations with that woman
    If you like your plan..
    [email protected]tion
    What do you know Joe, I forget.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47774 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Surprisingly my town ended up with 6" of rain and wind gusts up to 60 mph from the storm. Many car rescues in town due to flooded roads, sinkholes and even a landslide onto a roadway. Power went out for a short time and the backup generator kicked on meanwhile.
    While the storm was down south it was getting fed a lot of dry air that was coming in from Africa. Once it moved up out of this dry air, I'm guessing some where just south of the the FL/GA border, it started getting fed a lot of humid air and became a good rain maker. I think if this storm came through the South during our normal humid air we have this time of year it would have been a very serious storm.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links