"Karen's" the news has reached our shores..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: "Karen's" the news has reached our shores..

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    2255 times

"Karen's" the news has reached our shores..

I have seen references to these people, and now I find this on the , once valued, BBC News web page..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53588201
    777Driver likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33948 times
    Honestly I've never seen an article here that called the woman pointing the gun at the crowd a Karen. To me, a Karen is a liberal that feels entitled enough to get in your face and try to enforce their view of the world onto you, and if you resist, she will do something wildly unpredictable like macing you (not the medieval kind, the chemical kind), dousing you with urine, or some other completely inappropriate response to you not seeing the world the way she does.
    jtg452 and dogchild like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    2255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Honestly I've never seen an article here that called the woman pointing the gun at the crowd a Karen. To me, a Karen is a liberal that feels entitled enough to get in your face and try to enforce their view of the world onto you, and if you resist, she will do something wildly unpredictable like macing you (not the medieval kind, the chemical kind), dousing you with urine, or some other completely inappropriate response to you not seeing the world the way she does.
    Indeed, having read posts on here I'm aware of what the US perception of a 'Karen' is. My post was to offer a somewhat skewed, UK view, which is clearly wide of the mark. You can always trust the BBC to get it wrong..
    Aberdog1 and NativeTexan like this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3977 times
    You're view is limited. Being a "Karen" has nothing to do with political position, it has to do with that sense of self-entitlement. That's non-partisan.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33948 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
    You're view is limited. Being a "Karen" has nothing to do with political position, it has to do with that sense of self-entitlement. That's non-partisan.
    So. The lady defending her home and life and husband's life is self entitled. That's rich on a gun forum.
    dogchild likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

Member #
    Liked
    4350 times
    Another Karen variant- 'Chicago Style' Caren

Credit to the source' an amazing chronicle of the failure of gun control,
    https://heyjackass.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    2120 times
    The BBC is about as accurate as a Brown Bess at 150yds. I'll take a Karen over a chicken head baby mama any day. Unless they get in a fight. Then my money is on baby mama. When that weave comes off in your hand you got too start all over.

Member #
    Liked
    35283 times
    The BBC only applies pejorative terms to those that aren't liberal enough for them.
    jtg452 likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3977 times
    So. The lady defending her home and life and husband's life is self entitled. That's rich on a gun forum.
    No, you clearly don't understand what a "Karen" is.

First of all, "Karen" activities never occur on their own property...that's rather the point of it all. Anyone is entitled to be a self-entitled jackass on their own property.

The hallmark of a "Karen" is that she's acting a self-entitled jackass on someone else's property.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33948 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
    No, you clearly don't understand what a "Karen" is.

First of all, "Karen" activities never occur on their own property...that's rather the point of it all. Anyone is entitled to be a self-entitled jackass on their own property.

The hallmark of a "Karen" is that she's acting a self-entitled jackass on someone else's property.
    Then maybe somebody should explain that to the liberal media.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links