Tesla building in Austin, Texas - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Tesla building in Austin, Texas

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    So, if the Californians take over Texas, will the name change to Texifornia? And yes we have boulderfornia here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    7069 times
    GM has just announced they are offering a three quarter ton electric pickup with a 400 mile range. They are also coming out with an electric Hummer that has 1000 horse power.

Don
    JimmyA likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post
    So, if the Californians take over Texas, will the name change to Texifornia? And yes we have boulderfornia here.

We've already got Austifornia.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    GM has just announced they are offering a three quarter ton electric pickup with a 400 mile range. They are also coming out with an electric Hummer that has 1000 horse power.

Don
    I can't find anything wrong, with good ol' tried and proven, gasoline and diesel.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I can't find anything wrong, with good ol' tried and proven, gasoline and diesel.
    I aint givin up my ol oil burnin, smokey Dodge Ram Cummins for no green battery powered P-O-C ugly Tesla Truck. Uh uh no way no how uh uh.
    Just goes to show ya that the rich n powerful are still stealing from Nikola Tesla.

Member #
    Liked
    7095 times
    If they come to Texas, they should become true Texas people. They should not try to make Texas like the mess they ran away from.

Member #
    Liked
    4492 times
    I'm hankering' for an BEV. The hybrids aren't interesting. They don't have the torque of the electric motors.

Okay - so the electrics can be dangerous. Heck - got to live on the edge then don't we?

Dang I've been looking at electric lawn mowers. No more screwing around with gas cans

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    That was Nikola Tesla.
    And he could.
    Feel the electricity in the air, that is.
    I don't know that he ever went to Texas, though.
    He did come to Colorful Colorado

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33517 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post

Don
    Well I guess I'll believe it when I see it, but if they come through then that's great. I just have too many memories of Volt owners bemoaning the fact they could only get about 45-50 miles on a charge.
    TexasAviator likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    35589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Well I guess I'll believe it when I see it, but if they come through then that's great. I just have too many memories of Volt owners bemoaning the fact they could only get about 45-50 miles on a charge.
    The Teslas are way better than the Volt, all electric vs all electric. The best I have seen are the gas electric hybrids. You have a small gasoline engine that generates power if you need it, so you can actually take a road trip. We just don't have the electric infrastructure in my opinion for all electric vehicles to make sense for most people.

That said it is a chicken or the egg situation. The vehicles will drive infrastructure, but you need the vehicles to make the infrastructure make sense...
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links