Tesla building in Austin, Texas - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Tesla building in Austin, Texas

Member #
    Liked
    480 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I just can’t visualize any Texas ranchers or farmers in an electric pickup truck. Or any other states ranchers and farmers. Maybe they’ll be for export.
    I think that you are right. However, there are a ton of pick-up trucks purchased by folks who buy them loaded with luxury features and use them as daily drivers. Driving an electric truck will satisfy their need to feel “green”. I suspect that is the market Tesla is targeting rather than the working truck buyers.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I think it should be a requirement that all politicians in Texas had to be born in Texas.

All imported residents from other states should be immediately sent back to their birth place when they spout politics.

Send them back, fix the state you came from don’t change ours to meet your needs.

All businesses have to be owned or operated by a Texan.

We are not your Mecca, we were fine for 100’s of years.

Ray

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    And Tesla has never turned a profit, they are supported by Government subsidies, a total failure as a company.
    They are creating new and great battery technology, but it's costing us an arm and a leg.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25212 times
    Tesla comes to Texas.
    Wow.
    You can feel the electricity in the air.
    JimmyA likes this.
    There are only two options as I see it.
    Either I'm right, or there is a sinister
    conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21929 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    Tesla comes to Texas.
    Wow.
    You can feel the electricity in the air.
    That was Nikola Tesla.
    And he could.
    Feel the electricity in the air, that is.
    I don't know that he ever went to Texas, though.
    TexasAviator likes this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    23424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    And Tesla has never turned a profit, they are supported by Government subsidies, a total failure as a company.
    Incorrect.

"Tesla reports fourth straight quarter of profits"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/22/tesl...s-q2-2020.html

Yes, Tesla benefits from subsidies but not to the extent that many believe. So does every manufacturer of electric vehicles. Given the pricing on Tesla's I think they benefit less than others, at least to the extent that the tax credit stimulates sales. Frankly they make awesome cars.

It makes complete sense to build the trucks in Texas. Texas accounts for half the pickup trucks sold in the U.S. It's why Toyota built their factory here. It's helpful to build them here if you want to sell them here as Texans tend to be state-loyal. If you can't sell pickups in Texas you won't make it. We shall see. Personally I wouldn't count him out.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    7069 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Incorrect.

"Tesla reports fourth straight quarter of profits"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/22/tesl...s-q2-2020.html

Yes, Tesla benefits from subsidies but not to the extent that many believe. So does every manufacturer of electric vehicles. Given the pricing on Tesla's I think they benefit less than others, at least to the extent that the tax credit stimulates sales. Frankly they make awesome cars.

It makes complete sense to build the trucks in Texas. Texas accounts for half the pickup trucks sold in the U.S. It's why Toyota built their factory here. It's helpful to build them here if you want to sell them here as Texans tend to be state-loyal. If you can't sell pickups in Texas you won't make it. We shall see. Personally I wouldn't count him out.

Nope not so. Texas is #2 in trucks sold in the US. California is #1 with a half million more trucks than texas.

Don

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-st...pickup-trucks/
    JimmyA likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    35589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post
    Watch out Texas! Here come the californians and their messed up politics.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    They'd hardly be noticed in Austin
    jspdrcrmach5 likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33517 times
    I can't imagine an electric pickup truck either, at least for serious farm work, but its hard for me to not like Tesla and their can-do attitude. While companies like GM fiddle around with batteries that can let the purchaser get about 60 miles on a charge, Tesla is pushing their technology and battery power to the limits and you can get about 325 miles per charge. Not too shabby, and they're still pushing the limits, not being content with what is already the best in the industry. I have to admire a company like that.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    They'd hardly be noticed in Austin
    Austin aka Mexifornia.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links