Our First Real Storm----------We are Going To Die - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Our First Real Storm----------We are Going To Die

Member #
    Liked
    4835 times
    The variety of weather patterns and systems in our country is truly impressive. I've lived in 6 different states now across the country and each area has a very different climate and certain things you can just come to expect weather wise.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Member #
    Liked
    24801 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    The variety of weather patterns and systems in our country is truly impressive. I've lived in 6 different states now across the country and each area has a very different climate and certain things you can just come to expect weather wise.
    That is what impressed us.
    In Washington it can drizzle for days. Sometimes up to a week or more.
    Once in a while it works up the energy to actually rain.
    Clouds are kind of blah with no definition.
    Then it's nice for a few days.

Here the weather runs up and jumps on you.
    The day we moved in we had snow......we had rain......we had hail......and we had sunshine
    We have had days here where it was sunny in the morning, a downpour in the afternoon and then nice again later.
    Big well defined clouds are common and boy do some of them get dark.
    And wind, lots of wind.
    Actually it's kind of fun to watch a storm roll in.
    We sit on the deck and listen to the thunder get closer.
    And then the deluge begins...............
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Member #
    Liked
    8363 times
    Just count your blessings that you don't have tornadoes or hurricanes in that area (hopefully). Seeing the aftermath of one of these up close and personal keeps me west of the Mississippi River.
    jtg452 and Rickenbacher39 like this.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8381 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slong115 View Post
    One of the great all-time questions: Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes? LOL
    There's a scifi writer that once explained why we haven't been invaded by aliens yet. The Earth is actually a wildlife sanctuary for a galactically endangered species- the mosquito.

All the UFO sightings we have? They are really tourists going to the Milky Way's version of Yellowstone.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    35813 times
    Sunderstorms are pretty common here, those are always kinda' weird.
    Rickenbacher39 likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    24801 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Just count your blessings that you don't have tornadoes or hurricanes in that area (hopefully). Seeing the aftermath of one of these up close and personal keeps me west of the Mississippi River.
    That is one reason we didn't move any farther south in Minnesota.
    Tornadoes are not too common here but when you get down to Rochester the activity picks up.
    We wanted to be near our son but far enough away from Minneapolis to avoid the smell of liberals
    but still not too far south.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8511 times
    TN is not much better trees down and some serious rain and lightning.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    jtg452 and Rickenbacher39 like this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    Sounds like a north Texas Storm!

Just wait for the mosquitos if they are not there yet, I hear they are the state bird!

About 10 years ago I was in northern Minnesota, had to get out of the rental car, and I kid you not the sky was black with them!
    We really needed rain here in No. ILLinois after some 10 dry days. The lawn started to look like August. We broke that streak yesterday with a deluge, off and on...now today it's been rocking and rolling for the last 3 hours.

Regarding MN monster blood sucking bugs...I donated a few pints with a two week vacation with our uncle at Camp Ripley in St. Cloud. Just as bad are the deer flies that look like a small arrowhead and hurt worse than a real one. Doing bicycle touring the mosquitoes couldn't catch you if you stayed moving, but those darn flies were smart enough to latch onto the center of my back and draft...
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    8381 times
    Biggest mosquitoes I've ever seen was in Stuttgart, Arkansas. It's surrounded by rice paddies.

Alabama mosquitoes lack size but they make up for it in attitude.

Name:  alabama mosquito.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  52.4 KB
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8511 times
    This is getting to be a regular thing. Today and the other day!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Rickenbacher39 likes this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links