ebay tactical handheld flashlights any good? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: ebay tactical handheld flashlights any good?

Member #
    Liked
    3398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    I think that Maglite is still around because what they makes work! I have 3 D cell Maglites in my house, barn, shop, and truck. Listen to the voice of experience, when a Florida hurricane knocks out the electric for a week or 10 days I need a light I don't even have to think about. Sure they are heavy but if I need to whack somebody or something I'm sure glad they are. When the water going out to the barn is two feet deep and it's blowing rain I know my Maglite will stay lit. When the battery is drained it doesn't just go out, it starts getting dimmer so I have time to change batteries and that is quicker then waiting an hour or so for a light to recharge. When there is no electric I don't worry about finding a USB port somewhere to recharge the light I just change the batteries.

There are places for the modern lights but just because something is old it doesn't mean it's no good anymore.

Don
    Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of old things that work way better than the newer versions that have tried to replace them. I wasn't trying to start a fight about flashlights, I just know that when it comes to innovation and keeping up with current technology, MagLite has done a poor job.

When I can buy a light that runs off on one AA battery and gives off more light than a 3 D-cell MagLite and I can carry it everyday in jeans pocket AND it's cheaper than the MagLite using cheaper batteries then the only thing going for the MagLite is that I could club somebody with it.

MagLites are hard to kill, I'll give them that. I own several MagLites, I just don't keep batteries in them anymore because I don't want the batteries to corrode and ruin them. I just pulled a c cell husky out of the drawer a couple weeks ago that was toasted because of the batteries. I really hate when that happens.

****Now, I need to apologize to nevadabob, this went seriously off topic.

To get back on topic I have to add, you get what you pay for. I have a few cheaper led 'bought it off ebay' lights that just aren't as good as the name brand. They never have warranties and you are at the mercy of the wondering if you got a good one. Streamlight, Fenix, Olight, Nebo and others have customer service and warranties.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Taurus1965 and Rotorflyr like this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    I bought a bunch of these for Xmas presents a couple Decembers back. They will blind you for a good while and everyone I gave one to ended up buying more. I kept one and it's next to my bed and it's held up very well. https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashli...ml?wid=1433363
    A friend has a couple of these, which have gone up in price recently. Insanely powerful..
    https://www.gearbest.com/led-multi-f...01#goodsDetail

Gearbest has very slow shipping, but everything I've ordered came eventually. A lot of the drones sold on Gearbest are just alternate branded versions of "name brand" drones sold over here, but much cheaper. I have no connection to Gearbest, just a customer since 2014.

Member #
    Liked
    881 times
    Stupimlico...No need to apologize to me. I appreciate the "back story" and anecdotal comments.

Memiram and others...thanks for those resources.
    stupimlico likes this.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. Ephesians 3

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8378 times
    I keep Maglite flashlights and D batteries in the storm cellar. The D cell LED light will last a long time. For everyday use, I use Surefire and Bushnell lights - as long as they run on CR123 batteries. The lights that run on AAA batteries just don't live very long.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7775 times
    I swear by Coast flashlights, have had one on my Mossy for a long time now, keeps working fantastic!
    Look them up................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    881 times
    My ebay tactical flashlight was delivered today! Cost about $15 plus tax with free ship (batteries X2 with charger included). Nice unit and throws a good beam. Build quality looks good. And of course it came from Covid country.

And I'll check out Coast flashlights. I'm thinking flashlights are like pistols. Can't have just one!
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. Ephesians 3

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    "Tactical". I hate that word almost as much as "assault weapon". Just what is a tactical flashlight?

Member #
    Liked
    881 times
    That's funny! I'm not sure either why the specific term. But it helps in finding a certain style of flashlight while searching.

Member #
    Liked
    34578 times
    CREE seems to make the best LEDs. Seeing that in a flashlight's description adds confidence for me. When I want something smaller than the big D cell light, I go by amazon reviews and the shape of the light. I say shape because there are multitudes of lights that have different names and exactly the same shape and functions. They usually have a flat spot on the design where anyone's brand name can go.

This style is pretty good, but I had one break on me; the reflector came loose, and I couldn't get at it to fix it. Given the positive report above, maybe that was a fluke.

Here's another good style. Bright as heck, and so far the ones I have are 100% reliable.

This style isn't great. Pretty high failure rate.

Flashlights are an area where there have been huge advances. Today's $10-$20 flashlights are worlds ahead of where the best were 15-20 years ago.
    stupimlico and nevadabob like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    2658 times
    As a corrections officer, a Mag-Lite has saved my life many times. It lights up well, too, if you get my drift. New pocket sized tactical flashlights are great, BUT none work quite as well as a 3 cell C cell flashlight for certain purposes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links