Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Danged front loader!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32619 times

Danged front loader!

So, I'd pulled the bucket off the tractor when I first got it rather than to take the whole lift mechanism off. I got around the trees and such just fine with it.Well, my moron Aggie buddy from Waco came down just to check it out and shoot the bull and targets one afternoon. He says, "you know, you can pull them two pins there, disconnect the hydraulic lines, and pull that whole front loader off". Well, I knew that, but just seemed easier to just pull off the bucket by pulling 4 pins. So, I went to reconnect it the other day and I could NOT get the hydraulic lines to reconnect. Well, I got on youtube and saw how to bleed the pressure off the lines. I FINALLY got the thing back on after two days of trying and sleeping on the problem. IT was a pain, let's just say. Forget it, though, when I go back to mow, I'm pulling the bucket off and leaving the hydraulics alone.
    darbo, silverstring and kruizer like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45417 times
    Whew...I would never screw with hydraulic lines unless there was an issue with the system. Glad you were able to get the thing put back together.
    darbo likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21705 times
    Pressure buildup in closed hydraulics lines is a common problem. If the unit is an older one with manually operated controls, moving them will often relieve the pressure and let those quick connects work like they're supposed to. Newer units with electrically controlled/hydraulically operated systems can be a real pain. Sometimes it helps to turn off the engine, then turn the key back on (do not start) and work the electric joysticks to dump residual pressure.

Always, the safe practice is to turn the engine off before connecting or disconnecting hydraulic lines.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32619 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Pressure buildup in closed hydraulics lines is a common problem. If the unit is an older one with manually operated controls, moving them will often relieve the pressure and let those quick connects work like they're supposed to. Newer units with electrically controlled/hydraulically operated systems can be a real pain. Sometimes it helps to turn off the engine, then turn the key back on (do not start) and work the electric joysticks to dump residual pressure.

Always, the safe practice is to turn the engine off before connecting or disconnecting hydraulic lines.
    Hmm, I worked the joy stick, but I didn't turn the key on. I think I just learned something with your post, thanks. The way I got the pressure off the hoses is to crack the QD fittings and bleed 'em down.

Yep, just pull 4 pins and pull the bucket off, a lot easier.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 06-19-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    8396 times
    Your problems are the exact reason I've NEVER removed the bucket or the entire assembly from my Kubota. I have trouble enough installing the bush hog mower with only two pins - lord knows what I'd face trying to get a perfect alignment with the two large (.xxx)pins for reinstallation of the lift assembly !. Repairing a few fences is easier than fighting the reinstallation troubles.

Member #
    Liked
    35813 times
    I've always been in the habit of relieving all hydraulic pressure at shutdown, regardless of the machine. Most even relatively new machines will leak somewhere, usually packing or seals......it's what hydraulics do but relieving the pressure mitigates it greatly. I release the pressure on the reservoir first (crack open the cap) then, like TNC said, I work all the levers until no resistance is felt. Watch those pins, keep 'em snug and well lubed to avoid big trouble down the road. After all, PINS is an acronym for Pain In NutS and I can tell ya' from experience that they mostly are, especially once they're seized......the kind like ya' read about.
    cassrh and BigBlue like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    8396 times
    Simple task of joy stick pressure release - I never leave pressure on, but I don't bother with the reservoir. What galls me is to see a tractor dealership with all their tractors sitting there with the buckets in full up positions, and leaving them that way over a weekend. That just can't be good for the machine. But leaving one out in the weather overnight is a no-no.

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cassrh View Post
    Simple task of joy stick pressure release - I never leave pressure on, but I don't bother with the reservoir. What galls me is to see a tractor dealership with all their tractors sitting there with the buckets in full up positions, and leaving them that way over a weekend. That just can't be good for the machine. But leaving one out in the weather overnight is a no-no.
    Boy oh boy! If that bothers ya, don't come near PA. There are four yards, all within a half-hour drive of here, each with a hundred or more man-lifts, cherry-pickers, and stuff ALL raised maximum, and there they sit for weeks, months maybe. Winter, summer, regardless.
    cassrh likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32619 times
    I have seen big cherry pickers in yards raised full boom with an American flag flying off it. Very patriotic.....
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    8396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    Boy oh boy! If that bothers ya, don't come near PA. There are four yards, all within a half-hour drive of here, each with a hundred or more man-lifts, cherry-pickers, and stuff ALL raised maximum, and there they sit for weeks, months maybe. Winter, summer, regardless.
    THAT would drive me bonkers, like tools left outside or a uneven picture frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links